Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking about going to the Ga mountain Egg Fest but....

Options
ChuckR
ChuckR Posts: 248
However my wife has to work that day, and that means I either have to find a baby sitter for my 4 month old or bring her along. She pretty much only cries when she is hungry so I would have that covered with formula. Do you guys thing that would be ok? I would love to hear some opinions.
Suwanee, GA

Comments

• SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Quit thinking about going and order your tickets for one of the premier eggfests anywhere.  You will be fine--this is a tree lined shaded fest area and I seem to recall there are some benches with places to sit down if you need to take a break.  It is not a big parking lot that can hot like Eggtoberfest.  Heck, if you can't find a seat come by our cooking area (look for orange balloons and tiger paws) and you can take a break in the covered cook shack area if need be.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think it would be doable there, for a short visit.  Plenty of shade, not far to walk from the eggin' lane to parking lot if you need to change a diaper.  

Would be best to have a baby backpack thingy.  Make sure the little one is protected from the UV.

Pushing a stroller through a large crowd sucks for everyone involved.  

Personally, I would opt for the sitter. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Sorry to highjack a thread.... but DANG IT!!!  I can never get any of her websites to pull up.  Any of them!  Always get the "webpage can not be found" screen...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Just google georgia moutain eggfest 2015
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    That will pull up fine, just nothing from Necessary Indulgences...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Next year I am making ti as many of these events as I can.  So far this year we have something scheduled on any event that I could possibly get to.  Next year will be different - these look great
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    Options
    There's no reason not to go! She'll be in a stroller. If she gets fussy, you'd do the same thing you'd do at home. I say go and enjoy it. The location is great and mostly shaded. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Caliprince logged his first eggfest at Salado when he was just shy of being 2 months old. 

He slept a bit, was carted around by his mom a bit, and cuddled by plenty of egghead grandmas who were happy to fawn all over him while momma got a bite to eat here and there. I was busy cooking, so I was off baby duties for a while that day.

If it were just me and him,  I would have opted for a baby backpack kind of thing too, and made sure that I had a hat and some kind of shade for him.  And a baby bag that's easy to carry. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Do not think.

Do or do not.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SmokinTiger81
    Options
    So--final answer?--diapers or no diapers?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Go. Sounds like you've got it covered. See ya there if ya go. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    I'm going, I was checking in on chuck to see which way he decided.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We arrive Monday the 9th! just can't get enough of Hiawassee and the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, oh and we don't leave until the 19th just love it.......

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    Smokin Tiger as long as nothing happens my daughter and I will be there! I will make sure I stop by and say hello. 

Suwanee, GA
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Great, you will find it a great event.  See you there.
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    We arrive Monday the 9th! just can't get enough of Hiawassee and the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, oh and we don't leave until the 19th just love it.......
    If you get a chance, take a side trip or two to Clayton, or Helen, Georgia. You'll be very close!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    I had planned to cook at the Ga. Mtn, festival this year, and had a team assembled....then they moved! I think I'll come over anyway. Another friend here says he's going to buy a large, and wants to go to some festivals....well, here it is!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • SmokinTiger81
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So, your friend should buy a large at Ga Mtn Fest and take it home that day at a great price.  You just have to buy in advance if they have any left--instructions are on the fest site for buying demo eggs through the event sponsor.  If you actually have cooks tickets already (and those sold out back on Jan 1) and you aren't using them, then let John know immediately, he has a waiting list of like 20 cooks for this event.  If you want to help cook a little, come by and see me --I will probably need some help assembling/putting out Cuban sandwiches around  11 or so--my cooking crew always keeps wandering off to eat every year!.  We are easy to find--orange balloons, tiger paw apron
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    warwoman said:
    If you get a chance, take a side trip or two to Clayton, or Helen, Georgia. You'll be very close!
    Thanks we have been to every GA Fest and checked out all of those places, we love the area. Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Wardster said:
    Sorry to highjack a thread.... but DANG IT!!!  I can never get any of her websites to pull up.  Any of them!  Always get the "webpage can not be found" screen...
    I am sorry to hear this @wardster.  What browser do you use?  I will dig in to this issue immediately. :i_dunno:
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    @ChuckR:  I think the Ga Mtn EggFest is extremely baby/child friendly. Like others said, there is plenty of shade and a lot of room to move around.  There are also several picnic benches in the shade across from where the classes are held.  My friends took their baby last year in a stroller and didn't have any issues.  

I'll be cooking with the Braswell's Team this year.  Please stop by and say hello! 

SmokinTiger81 I'll gladly help with the Cubans again if I'm free around the time you are assembling!  See you soon!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @NecessaryIndulg Not attending as a taster this go round :wink:  No worries Kristi we'll see ya there. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    @NecessaryIndulg Not attending as a taster this go round :wink:  No worries Kristi we'll see ya there. 
    NPHuskerFL haha! Don't worry... I'll be out there doing my fair share of tasting! :triumph:  Will you be at the Meet and Greet Friday night?
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Kristi, thanks for the offer, you were great help last year and then even took good pictures of my food--a 2 for 1 bargain.  Sounds like you will have your hands full this year.  Will see you and John at M&G Friday night.
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Kristi, PS--hope the fact you are cooking does not mean we will be deprived of a post event pictorial recap.  Yours are the best.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    SmokinTiger81:  You're too kind. It's only because people like you let me barge in and get behind the scenes. :wink: I love that!  
    I will be out there taking photos (read: eating) and will definitely do a write-up!  See you in just over a week!   
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @NecessaryIndulg Yes we plan on attending the meet and greet on Friday. We'll hit the road early Friday AM so we can get settled in our room and make it down the hill. We'll see ya there :smile:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @NecessaryIndulg Yes we plan on attending the meet and greet on Friday. We'll hit the road early Friday AM so we can get settled in our room and make it down the hill. We'll see ya there :smile:
     I look forward to meeting you too Blake!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    You too! @JRWhitee
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014