Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC

Options
2»

Comments

• johnl350
    johnl350 Posts: 125
    Options
    kwdickert said:
    I ordered the Softpak 30. Im beginning to think that we got in on the first ever "for sale" batch of them as there are no real reviews out there. Supposed to ship wk from Sat.
    I just ordered the Softpak 30 this morning!  I am so excited to get it.  Does anyone here have a Softpak cooler yet or is this the first shipment so to speak?  Thanks to whoever found the RTIC brand, I learned about it on here and have told several other folks about it who have all ordered or are planning on ordering.  
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Toxarch said:
    Lit said:
    HondaHawk said:
    SGH said:
    HondaHawk said:
    @SGH

Must have fat fingered the dislike. I'm a proud owner of the 20 and 65 in tan. 

Brother Hawk, I'm glad to see that you are on Team RTIC. I'm trying to get RTIC golf shirts for every forum member who got in on the initial ordering. 
    I'd rock an RTIC polo. Make all the Yeti owners even that more jealous (pissed off). 
    Good way to let the waitress at the 19th hole know she's not getting a tip.
    Is that because the beer in the RTIC cooler is still holding ice after 18 holes of golf?
    Beer left after the front 9? Yep, sure sign of an Rtic owner. Saving some for the next time.
    Of course there's beer left. The RTIC is true volume sizes so they hold more beer than the YETI nominal volume sizes.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Happy day.  My Rtic tumblers arrived today.  Now to pick out the hydrodip film for them.  I guess the wife liked them, she already picked out the film she wants her's hydrodip in.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    On April 28th, I purchased  3 - 30oz and one 20oz plus the lids and an 11oz. I received an email almost immediately saying my order has shipped and cannot be cancelled.  I received a UPS tracking number.  I forgot about it until reading this thread right now.   I just checked the tracking number from UPS and see this message: 

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I don't like it when businesses send out a message saying your order has shipped and after 5 business days the order in fact has not only not been shipped, the shipper has not even received the package.

Anyone else get this kind of message?

Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Fosk
    Fosk Posts: 19
    Options
    Smoker317 said:
    On April 28th, I purchased  3 - 30oz and one 20oz plus the lids and an 11oz. I received an email almost immediately saying my order has shipped and cannot be cancelled.  I received a UPS tracking number.  I forgot about it until reading this thread right now.   I just checked the tracking number from UPS and see this message: 

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I don't like it when businesses send out a message saying your order has shipped and after 5 business days the order in fact has not only not been shipped, the shipper has not even received the package.

Anyone else get this kind of message?

Last week I ordered a few more 20oz tumblers along with a Splash Proof lid. I mistakenly chose the 30oz lid instead of the 20oz. Within 10 minutes of placing the order, I noticed the mistake and attempted to change it. No dice...status was "shipped". I called customer service and she put me on hold while she actually went back to the warehouse to check to see if it could be changed. She said it had already been boxed and had a shipping label on it so nothing could be changed.  I didn't push the issue since I could use the 30oz lid with my existing tumbler. This was 15-20 minutes after I placed the order.

Granted, I received the order 3 days later.  So yes, mine was extremely fast but it appeared to be legit.  Now, if they could get their coolers to ship that fast!

BTW, I love all of the RTic products I have and looking forward to getting my 30 Soft in a week, or so.
  • Smoker317
    Smoker317 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks Fosk.  I am calling them tomorrow to see why my order has not shipped after a week of my email saying it was shipped.
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • coomdaddy
    coomdaddy Posts: 128
    Options
    Just to update anyone, my Rtic 45 that was ordered 3/21 is shipping.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    I've got a yeti hopper and I'm not a fan -- slim opening up top makes it a chore to get stuff in and out; zipper isn't user-friendly, either.  I suppose these features carry benefits when you're trying to win the longest lasting ice competition, but in the real world when you're in and out of the cooler, it's just a royal PITA.

The RTIC softpak *appears* to have been designed as a the perfect yeti killer -- same great materials, larger capacity all around, easy open top, 1/2 the price.  But, of course, you order now and hold your breath until the expected shipping date in late July. 

This delay is what did me in for the rotomolded RTICs, and it's disappointing that it's going to deprive me of the softpac, too.  I'm not a millennial, but I needs my instant gratification.  Just don't have the patience to wait to see IF they make the ship date.  Too bad, bc I'm a buyer today. 

Curious, of course, to learn about how the softpac plays in real life.  If you're one of the lucky ones who actually have received one, spill the details for those of us who can't pull the 8 week trigger.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    If any of you guys are in the market for coolers. I highly recommend Pelican and Bison for their soft coolers. Prices are right on both of them. Pelicans used to be quite a bit less expensive, however have gone up some as demand has increased. 
    Pratt, KS
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    I agree the Yeti Hopper in not user friendly because the slim opening!  I just hope Buckee's starts carrying these.  They now have all the tumblers in their stores at the same low price!  No waiting! Great product!
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX