Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid Extender: Legs

BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two grid extenders and on the first one, both legs came off while in transit to a comp and the other extender, one leg came off at our last event (used a firebrick on its side to compensate on short notice). Are these things spot welded on or is there a way of 'snapping' them in place? We keep our box of 'eggcessories' in a big bin at a storage site out of town so I never think to look at them after the event(s) to try to see what the remedy is. Can anyone tell me if they need to be welded back in place or do they just clip/snap back on and also, has anyone else had the legs give out without any real cause?
Qfan

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning BBQfan1:[p]I'm not home at the moment to check, but if I remember correctly the legs can be "snapped" back into place. I had this happen to me once also, not real happy with that design.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    SSN686,
    Seems good for storage purposes but that's all.
    I would rather have it welded solid.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    SSN686,
    you must have a different style than I do, but the fold out legs are attached to cross rods spot welded to the backbone of the grill. If those welds have broken then yes they will need to be be re-welded. Of course unless you have a friend with a small welder a shop will probably charge you more than what a new one costs.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.