Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porcelain Covered Grid

Options
I just bought my first BGE; a Large!!! I have two questions for the very experienced folks I've been reading for the past year:
1. Can anyone tell me where I can get the Porcelain Covered Grid that the BGE Cookbook recommends to use for many of its recipes?
2. I'm considering the PSWoo Ring Rig: which do you think is better, the stainless steel or the CI?

I appreciate your help and patience with us new-to-the-BGE experience.
JT

Comments

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Welcome!!

Stainless Steel is better.  My porcelain grids all chipped.  
    (When I bought my Egg years ago, porcelain was what came with the Egg)
    I went thought 2 porcelain grids before I bought a ss grid.  
  • BizGreenEgg
    BizGreenEgg Posts: 301
    Options
    You don't want the porcelain grid.  It will eventually crack and flake, which is why BGE stopped using them.  Stick with stainless that came with it and you'll be fine.  As for #2, that's personal preference.  I have a CI for my mini, but don't really use it that much.  You will likely end up with both eventually; this hobby has a knack for relieving your wallet.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The grid type is not at all integral to the recipes
  • jtyler
    jtyler Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you Tony_T, BizGreenEgg and pgprescott.
    I REALLY appreciate your advice and insight. You ARE the Best!
    JT
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I have the CI PSWoo. The stainless grid will fit it also so if you think you might want a Ci grid in the future yiu might consider the PSWoo CI. 

Little Rock, AR