Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Ambrosia Has Been Achieved (large pics)

OttawaSmokerOttawaSmoker Posts: 12
edited 10:54AM in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while (6 mths) and learning a lot from this board. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for sharing the knowledge and experiences. It makes this the best place to be.

This past weekend I finally achieved the 'Best damn ribs I've ever had'. Followed the 3-1-1 as in the past but this time came out perfect. I've learned to let the fire stabilize for 45-60 minutes before putting the ribs on. Otherwise I would get too much of the smokey flavour. I prefer it to be on the subtle side.

I coated with the Dizzy Pig Maximum Viscosity sauce. The sauce is amazing. BTW - I'm in no way associated with DP. Just a shameless plug.

IMG_0366.jpg
Rib Ambrosia!!

IMG_0365.jpg
Ready to serve

73831d7a.jpg

d1802fa4.jpg
After 4 hours.

42b49956.jpg
Ready to go on...

(I don't know why but photos appear in reverse order)
·

Comments

• CdnQerCdnQer Posts: 23
    Congratulations!

They look great! Did you use any rubs before the sauce?

Erik
    ·
  • Just a basic pork rub the night before.

I can't go too spicy because of the wife. I plan on using some spicey sauce on my half of the ribs next time. ;)
    ·