Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day Menu Ideas - What are you cooking?

What are ya'll planning to cook for Mother's Day? I'm looking for some ideas besides Ham. 
Big Green Egg Owner since 2012
Fort Worth ,Texas

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited May 2016
    I'm doing a couple of sausage fatty's for breakfast on the ol egg...1st time trying( on the egg)
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Prime Rib with light oak smoke. It's the wife's favorite.
    XL BGE, 2 22" Weber Kettles, Weber Performer, Weber Genesis

Bradenton, FL
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Sausage egg and cheese casserole, ham egg and cheese casserole, fresh fruit and blueberry muffins for brunch.

Can't decide what to do for dinner. Probably steaks and salmon.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Breakfast in bed. Cheese eggs, bacon and toast.

Something hands off for dinner. She wants my attention not my meal.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Mom wants chicken wings and broccoli.
    Gonna do jerk wings, let my brothers worry about the broccoli. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    We are taking my wife, mother in law and sister in law to a nice brunch at a place called Grand Street Cafe.  I haven't asked what my wife would want for dinner that night.  I told my son it is her day and she gets to to decide what we do.  We will see my mom and other sister in laws in the afternoon at my nephew's 30 birthday get together. 

@billt01, what are you putting in your breakfast fatty?  I have done one, but not for breakfast yet.  At a pork cooking class they did one.  They put in breakfast sausage,egg fatata, potatoes, smoked red peppers, smoked garlic and wrapped in a basket we've of bacon.  
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Eggs Benedict for a brunch?
    10.jpg 310.8K
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2016
    Eggs Benedict for a brunch?
    Great Idea.....or what we call Charleston Benedict (here in SC) with a crab-cake added to the stack. Sorry Craig for piling on.....but that takes it up a notch.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Heading to St Louis for a few days for work.  :s Won't be egging. :(
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Wife likes the spares that come off the BGE, so that's what we are having. With some corn on the cob, BBQ'ed potato salad and all of my love!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Breakfast in bed. Cheese eggs, bacon and toast.

Something hands off for dinner. She wants my attention not my meal.
    Damn I read that wrong at first. I read " something hands off for dinner. She wants my attention not my MEAT". 

Little Rock, AR

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I think the wifey wants Stuffed hamburgers. 

Garnerville, NY
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Ribeyes, Cesar salad, and a whole bunch of cocktails! 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Wife requested chicken and ribs. Chicken and ribs it shall be. Hope everyone has a great day. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    All the kids and grandparents are coming over Sunday.  Cooking a pork butt Saturday (12#), potato salad, baked beans, and deserts. Can't go wrong with lots of pulled pork sandwiches.
  • Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    I'm the mom...and the egghead.  As much as I love cooking and egging, my family is taking me out for dinner. 
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • FWRealtor
    FWRealtor Posts: 57
    The eggs benedict look great! And a crab cake on top sounds like a wonderful addition. 
    Big Green Egg Owner since 2012
    Fort Worth ,Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Beef tenderloin, lobster tail, twice baked potato's and salted caramel cheese cake for desert. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Reverse seared filets and home grown asparagus. Also a couple of skin-on, bone-in chicken bewbs for a couple of folks that don't like red meat.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle