Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC

Options
I noticed today that RTIC sponsored the 98 car for the talladega race, this was one of the best races so far this year. I guess they are not hurting for $ if they can put down coin to put their name on one of these cars 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RTIC was the number 1 selling rotomolded cooler of 2015. Give it another year or so and they will be the number 1 selling rotomolded cooler of all time. Not only is RTIC here to stay, they just may force other manufactures to drop prices to stay in business.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Or start bumping their prices up?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    Or start bumping their prices up?
    I hope that it not the case. They have built a outstanding business model by selling for half the price of others. I hope they are intelligent enough to realize this. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I now have 2 tumblers (30 oz) 3 coolers (20) from RTIC,.... several tumblers, colsters, and a couple Yeti Coolers I still like Yeti but RTIC is just as good and 1/2 the price
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Yet they don't ship to Canada
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • SGH
    Options
    @HondaHawk
    What do you disagree with above? RTIC was the number one selling  rotomolded cooler of 2015 by miles. If you doubt me, research it yourself. The numbers simply do not lie. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Isn't Yeti (and RTIC for that matter) a privately held corporation? I'd be surprised if they released detail sales info to the public.

Without those sales figures how can we determine which company sold the most coolers?

Not that I really care who sold more - just curious about the data.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Glad you said sold and not actually shipped. That would have dropped them back a ways.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I bought a RTIC 65 and it's an outstanding product just as advertised at an unbeatable price. Win win. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • heartmedic
    heartmedic Posts: 21
    Options
    Goggle YETI vs RTIC their is a good video where this guy fills them each with ice and checks them each day. After 5 days the YETI was pretty much all melted and the RTIC still had a good amount of ice. I would have either one, but if I was buying it would definitely be the much cheaper RTIC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Goggle YETI vs RTIC their is a good video where this guy fills them each with ice and checks them each day. After 5 days the YETI was pretty much all melted and the RTIC still had a good amount of ice. I would have either one, but if I was buying it would definitely be the much cheaper RTIC. 
    And I'm a French model...
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Lit said:
    And I'm a French model...
    Ummm bonjour
  • HondaHawk
    HondaHawk Posts: 98
    Options
    @SGH

Must have fat fingered the dislike. I'm a proud owner of the 20 and 65 in tan. 

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    I recall something a while back about these coolers not being shipped in a timely manner. Are these now available in a reasonable period of time. I am considering an order if they are available. Not wanting to stir up a poop storm, just curious if anyone has knowledge of availability.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    I recall something a while back about these coolers not being shipped in a timely manner. Are these now available in a reasonable period of time. I am considering an order if they are available. Not wanting to stir up a poop storm, just curious if anyone has knowledge of availability.
    Their website tells you estimated shipping date when you select a model to order.

At the moment it appears estimate shipping date is 6/15.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Their website tells you estimated shipping date when you select a model to order.

I looked at ordering a 20 today with est ship date of end of May 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Lit said:
    Glad you said sold and not actually shipped. That would have dropped them back a ways.
    Mic dropped. Lit out. 
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    SGH said:
    HondaHawk said:
    @SGH

Brother Hawk, I'm glad to see that you are on Team RTIC. I'm trying to get RTIC golf shirts for every forum member who got in on the initial ordering. 
    I'd rock an RTIC polo. Make all the Yeti owners even that more jealous (pissed off). 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I'd wear the polo shirt. A buddy got me a beer out of my 20 in the back of my truck. Gave me big props for not owning a Yeti.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Yes, the wait was a bit long, but I was in no hurry.  Glad I followed SGH"s advice.  Just like his pork butt burnt ends, it was spot on.  Got my 3 Rtic coolers and love them.  Just ordered 3 tumblers.  I just do not understand the need to pay twice the price for a Yeti.  But, that's just me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think it is great how these threads always devolve into a Yeti vs. RTIC screaming match and everyone forgets that like 15 other places make rotomolded coolers.  

I had thought about getting an RTIC, but their 'pay now, receive in 6+ weeks' just felt too much like a ponzi scheme.  So I paid a touch extra, ordered an Igloo Sportsman 40, was billed when it shipped, and had it at my door within a week.

And I'm honestly shocked, given the respect paid to their namesake on this forum, that Bison Coolers aren't more popular here.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    Options
    Acn said:
    And I'm honestly shocked, given the respect paid to their namesake on this forum, that Bison Coolers aren't more popular here.
    If they would have went with "Buffalo" instead of "Bison" they would be the number 1 selling cooler in the world. They would certainly have my endorsement. If they change their name to "Buffalo" I will do everything that I can to get Exxon/Mobil to buy from them. 

Status- Standing by.

• HondaHawk
    Options
    Also, RTIC has done a hell of a job of getting out there. I'm familiar with Bison, Pelican, Grizzley, etc...but RTIC stepped up, dropped their shorts on price, and came through. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Love mine! Now where the hell is my shirt SCOTTIE?
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Lit said:
    HondaHawk said:
    SGH said:
    HondaHawk said:
    @SGH

Brother Hawk, I'm glad to see that you are on Team RTIC. I'm trying to get RTIC golf shirts for every forum member who got in on the initial ordering. 
    I'd rock an RTIC polo. Make all the Yeti owners even that more jealous (pissed off). 
    Good way to let the waitress at the 19th hole know she's not getting a tip.
    Is that because the beer in the RTIC cooler is still holding ice after 18 holes of golf?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Lit said:
    HondaHawk said:
    SGH said:
    HondaHawk said:
    @SGH

Good way to let the waitress at the 19th hole know she's not getting a tip.
    Is that because the beer in the RTIC cooler is still holding ice after 18 holes of golf?
    Beer left after the front 9? Yep, sure sign of an Rtic owner. Saving some for the next time.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    HeavyG said:

I looked at ordering a 20 today with est ship date of end of May 
    I ordered a 20 in Feb and the website said ship date of end of May. It will be delivered tomorrow. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • kwdickert
    kwdickert Posts: 308
    Options
    I ordered the Softpak 30. Im beginning to think that we got in on the first ever "for sale" batch of them as there are no real reviews out there. Supposed to ship wk from Sat.
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg