Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

COOKED on Netflix

Options
20stone
20stone Posts: 1,961
As part of a longer bread discussion, @NDG pointed me to COOKED on Netflix, a four episode series by Michael Pollan.  I have watched two of the episodes (Air - focused on bread making and Earth - focused on fermenting (cheese, kimchi, etc.)), and highly recommend it.  It is beautifully shot, and will get you even more stoked to do some real cooking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMAq5WYJk4

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
GE induction stove
Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I have watched all 4 episodes, really enjoyed it.  
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    great to hear you enjoyed the show @20stone . . I know that michael pollan gets under some ppl's skin (movie "food inc" and book "Omnivore's Dilemma") but I agree with you 100% . . . it is beautifully shot and motivates you to get cooking !
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I agree. I started a thread on that series a while back. It motivated me to make some bread but haven't done so yet. Hmm. Need to rectify that quick like 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013