Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NFL Draft 2016. Do You Like What Your Team Did?

Options
2»

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I'm glad the 49ers grabbed DeForrest Buckner from Oregon.
    Great DE.  Actually, the Pac-12 defensive player of the year on a team that finished 116th in team defense last year (lousy).
    Now he'll be playing with DT Arik Armstead, an Oregon Duck teammate for three seasons.
    That'll be a nasty combination for San Fran.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    It's hard to reconcile Brady's four game suspension and others who engage in domestic violence get a slap on the wrist.  See link.  He cheated?  Probably.  But a proportional response is called for.  

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11849798/outside-lines-most-nfl-players-domestic-violence-cases-never-missed-down
    I agree that domestic violence is a huge issue but it is an off field issue. Cheating is a different issue as it is an on field issue that fundamentally affects the outcome of games. If NFL players get one year suspensions without pay or lifetime bans as some have proposed for domestic violence, why don't we advocate that for all employees regardless of the company they work for? There would be a lot of folks out of work. 
    Actually many companies that have people that are in front of the public and carry part of their brand have ethics clauses in their employment agreements. If you say comments or act in a way that reflects badly on the company and therefore the brand then they have the legal right to act. 

Like it or not when you play for a team/work for a company you become part of the face to the public. 

I say kick their tails to the curb- you are playing a game for a ridiculous amount of money. If you don't have the sense to realize how good you have it then Darwin rules apply. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I am so tired of all the tom Brady chants. He cheated. Period. He should be punished. 
    Punished is one thing... Suspended four games, fined a million dollars and loss of first round pick is another...

whats worse deflating a football or taking HGH?
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    I'll be interested to see if the new Browns..."braintrust" I guess, knows what they are doing. I like getting volume over doing something stupid like trading back up for a reach. Not sure anyone jumps out as a "wow!" but they just need to show improvement from a talent standpoint. I'll take 1-15 if it's a hard fought 1-15 that fans can point to optimism somewhere. 

Yes that is how far Browns fans have fallen. A "good" 1-15 would be a success. Ugh.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Steelers fan here.... Meh
    A Steelers fan butt hurt over a deflated ball and claiming someone is a cheater... Wow 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    "He cheated"

m'kay. Thanks
    You are welcome. He deflated the damn ball(s) It's easier to grip, catch, throw in rain or cold. Period. Try it. Or better yet listen to his own friend, Eli Manning, talk about how shocked he was when he thought it was a BS claim then he tried it himself and made a world of difference.  He is the only one who would think to do something so idiotic and think rules don't apply to him. Just play football. Don't know why people have the biggest hard on over the guy. Yes he is a damn good QB and he has a hot wife and plays for an unreal team for a genius of a coach. We all get that. But He **** up and then lied about it so should pay the consequences. 
    Screw science, Chubbs!

https://youtu.be/wwxXsEltyas
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Packers did ok. Finally got the speed at receiver, balanced both lines. I give them a B+
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    I'm glad the 49ers grabbed DeForrest Buckner from Oregon.
    Great DE.  Actually, the Pac-12 defensive player of the year on a team that finished 116th in team defense last year (lousy).
    Now he'll be playing with DT Arik Armstead, an Oregon Duck teammate for three seasons.
    That'll be a nasty combination for San Fran.
    Did Armstead even play last year? I wouldn't get ahead of myself lol. 
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    I am pleased with the Colts. Not a big name in the bunch but addressed the needs. Took 4 offensive linemen which was a huge need. I am cautiously optimistic but I also feel like the AFC South did some catching up this offseason. I look for it to go from being arguably the worst division around to middle of  the pack in one season.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    Cowboys fan here, just because I am from Dallas:

Pick 1 - Ezekiel Elliot - dont like it because RBs are better by committee now, you can get good RBs in later rounds, especially to run behind an Oline like Dallas.  Would of liked to see Bosa here, but San Diego ruined that.

Pick 2 - Jaylon Smith - Undecided, obviously high risk/reward pick.  Cowboys aren't going to win the Super Bowl next year, so looking at the future is not bed here with the potential payoff Smith has.

Pick 3 - Maliek Collins - Not a flashy pick, but solid.  You can never have to many good lineman.  Would of preferred help in the secondary.

Pick 4 - Charles Tapper - see comment above

Pick 5 - Dak Prescott - Dallas had to draft a QB somewhere in rounds 3-5 to try to find Romo's replacement.  Would of like to see a more true pocket passer than Dak, but still a solid pick.  

Pick 6 - Anthony Brown - finally addressed secondary needs.  I would of liked to see a higher pick used for this need.

Overall, decent draft but not great.  Overall for a Jerry Jones draft, it is an A+++ because he usually screws up the whole draft.  I will admit he has been better the last four years in the draft.
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Posts: 112
    Options
    jonnymack - thought you guys did great.  @jak7028 - cowboys did well.
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

@MrWilliams questionable 1st pick for NY Football Giants, huh? Eli is pretty good but don't see him over Hargreaves.

Love the second pick to complement ODB and Jerell Adams out of USC is way underrated at TE. Great blocker, huge target with great hands and fast compared to TEs much less his size. Cant remember the RB you guys got, but liked the pick. He should move up the depth chart fairly easily I would have to think.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Posts: 112
    Options
    @Chubbs - sure was qustionable!!  Going to be a lot of new faces next year.  RB is Paul Perkins,  I don't watch college so I only know what i see on youtube hightlights, and they all look good on youtube highlights.   :)

XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Calibbq
    Calibbq Posts: 12
    Options
    Raiders got a hard hitting safety to replace Woodson. Hope to see a playoff game soon with them actually playing ......TBD