Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Butt Blast: Documenting the Atrocities

Options

Comments

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I figured as much. Thx. I read the countdown threads. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am dealing with a sprained big toe, turf toe, if you will. Cutting my grass and pushing my mower up the hill, heard and felt a pop. Finished cutting the grass but have not walked much since.
    Doing the R.I.C.E. thing right now.
    Look forward to my beautiful wife cutting grass pictures.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Where was the pop?  Can you actively move the toe?  I've only seen a spontaneous flexor tendon rupture in the great toe a few times in 20 years of Sports Medicine / Orthopaedics.  For turf-toe type sprain, you typically kick a fixed object or get stepped on by someone.....

If the toe doesn't flex, get it looked at ASAP!  If its more down in the foot, like under the ball of the foot or in the arch area, more than likely a plantar fascia sprain/tear.  Hurts like hell, but will get better on its own.

Heading to the clinic.
    Toe is immobile, swollen and discoloration into knuckle going back into foot, arch and top of foot swollen with discoloration too. Pop was felt on inside back of the big toe and in the arch. Just back of the front foot pad.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am dealing with a sprained big toe, turf toe, if you will. Cutting my grass and pushing my mower up the hill, heard and felt a pop. Finished cutting the grass but have not walked much since.
    Look forward to my beautiful wife cutting grass pictures.
    Yeah right, LOL! The Princess does not cut grass, just me, the court jester.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I feel for you- did it about 2 months ago and reinjured 2x's since. It's a pain and makes walking tough. Good luck and hope you heal quickly. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    YukonRon said:
    I feel for you- did it about 2 months ago and reinjured 2x's since. It's a pain and makes walking tough. Good luck and hope you heal quickly. 
    Thank you, waiting at the clinic, bunch of old, out of shape, never wases in here like me. Theirs are sports injuries, mine is domestic chores. Not feeling very manly right now.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Hang in there @YukonRon .  Hope it's nothing serious and you are well soon.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Feet.  Can't live with them, can't walk without them.  Damn evolution. 
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Hang in there @YukonRon .  Hope it's nothing serious and you are well soon.
    Thanks for the well wishes, a bit more trouble than previously thought, but I will get through it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Feet.  Can't live with them, can't walk without them.  Damn evolution. 
    Yeah and being a knuckle dragger such that I am, the effect is less severe to me, than most others. 
    Hope you are enjoying the JF.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    @YukonRon how long did they estimate for recovery time?  Guess more time to drink beer while tending the egg from a well placed comfortable chair. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @Wolfpack
    4-6 weeks, but I'm usually able to beat timelines like these. Funny, though to your point, I have already lined up a bunch of L&S cooks to do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Ron, sorry to hear about your injury. It could be worse, like a torn out nail in your paw! Get well soon. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Hey thanks @NC_Egghead
    Bummer of an inconvenience for sure, had planned on heading out backpacking, and this takes the rest of the spring out for me. At worst looking at mid June if all goes well. Just rescheduling trips for the summer out west, higher els, for cooler weather in the summer, the south is too hot and humid.
    Really fell in love with North Carolina. Was hoping to get back there and explore. Perhaps the fall this year?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @YukonRon.. Hope you heal up quickly and are back on your feet soon.. Just as a side note I am still working my way through the first batch of slushies.. Saturday morning my wife comes through and asks how are you feeling ?? I said fine WHY??.. Her answer.. Because you were really wrecked last night.. Oh well it's all good !! Get well soon..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon.. Hope you heal up quickly and are back on your feet soon.. Just as a side note I am still working my way through the first batch of slushies.. Saturday morning my wife comes through and asks how are you feeling ?? I said fine WHY??.. Her answer.. Because you were really wrecked last night.. Oh well it's all good !! Get well soon..
    Yikes my man! @johnmitchell
    Yeah, those things have a way of sneaking up on you. I think I am going to change the name to Ninja bourbon slushies. 

Suzy and I made them for a derby party years ago, not the quantity as the but blast, but a bit more bourbon than we had in the recipe for NCBB

Several of our guests missed the race, and a few were required to sleep over, all of this, mind you, with us telling them to be careful because,  even though surprisingly easy to drink, they will place you on the floor, very rudely.

They are that good, and one small 20 oz tumbler usually does most people in.

Thank you for the well wishes. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Hey thanks @NC_Egghead
    Bummer of an inconvenience for sure, had planned on heading out backpacking, and this takes the rest of the spring out for me. At worst looking at mid June if all goes well. Just rescheduling trips for the summer out west, higher els, for cooler weather in the summer, the south is too hot and humid.
    Really fell in love with North Carolina. Was hoping to get back there and explore. Perhaps the fall this year?
    Put the pack on and hiked a local MTB trail yesterday morning with a group of friends. We are all heading back out to Philmont in late September and this was our first opportunity to shake the cobwebs out. There are plenty of places to hike in NC and VA. Let me know when you are interested in lacing up your boots and coming back this way. 
    Charlotte, NC

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Hey thanks @NC_Egghead
    Put the pack on and hiked a local MTB trail yesterday morning with a group of friends. We are all heading back out to Philmont in late September and this was our first opportunity to shake the cobwebs out. There are plenty of places to hike in NC and VA. Let me know when you are interested in lacing up your boots and coming back this way. 
    Very cool, and will do. Thank you! MBW and I love the trails so I would not be surprised to see us back down there this fall.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Love Philmont @NC_Egghead
    Awesome place! I went with my son in 2011. Looking forward to going back as an adults only trip. 
    Charlotte, NC

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Love Philmont @NC_Egghead
    Awesome place! I went with my son in 2011. Looking forward to going back as an adults only trip. 
    That's  cool. I didn't realize they had adults only trips. 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Get well soon Ron! Tell Suzy to make you a few more slushies! That will work for sure
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    piney said:
    Get well soon Ron! Tell Suzy to make you a few more slushies! That will work for sure
    A good prescription indeed!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    piney said:
    Thank you very much @Piney, she is taking great care of me. I will hobbling along pretty soon.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

bgebrent said:
    piney said:
    Yeah , so I can fall and break my arm or something,  :o

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:

bgebrent said:
    piney said:
    Yeah , so I can fall and break my arm or something,  :o
    An even better reason for your bourbon slushies!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @YukonRon sorry about your toe buddy. Take care of yourself.  Sorry I'm late to the party,  been at the beach.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    He needs a toe truck
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • tarheelmatt