Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Hinges

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow Eggers,
I need a new hinge. My Large is about 8-9 years old now and several friends of mine have attempted to help me out by forcing my lever-operated dome closed. This has resulted in several slipped domes, and a bent hinge. I want to replace it with the newer one-handed version, but when I called to order from the store in ATL, the gentleman to whom I spoke was not sure that it would fit! (what????) Has anyone out there replaced their hinges already? Have you run into trouble? Anything I should know about?[p]Hi all from days gone bye. Congrats to NB and the Dizzy Pig team!
Thanks in advance for the help.
bd

Comments

• bdavidson,
    Hi Brad,
    As far as I know, the spring hinge should work. I have a large Egg, same vintage as yours, and I replaced my old with a spring assist band a couple of years ago. No problem with the fit. Perhaps he didn't understand what you want...you can't just replace the hinge, you need to install the upper and lower bands as well. HTH. Nice hearing from you again. How's the family?? Are you still in Hbg?
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Hi Gretl!
    Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure how to refer to it...the new hinge was all that I could come up with. I thought I remembered Jim telling me that it would fit just fine.[p]Yes. We're still in the Harrisburg area. Everyone is doing well. We've added another one to the bunch, however. We adopted Ellie in September 2005. I can't say that I've lost my love for outdoor cooking, but I've definitely changed my focus to adoption and orphan care! [p]Are you still in State College?
    b