Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Ideas

Doing a flat today and wondered if there were some tasty ideas to use the meat for, especially sandwiches. Any good recipes out there? If it turns out good, I will post pics!

Comments

• HellrodKC
    HellrodKC Posts: 174
    if you are looking for sandwich ideas, I'm partial to the "Z-Man" from Oklahoma Joe's (now Joe's Kansas City)

Brisket, provolone, two fried onion rings, sauce if you want it, on a toasted kaiser roll
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Possibly my favorite pizza is with brisket and red onions.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Chili is a great use for leftover brisket
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Tacos, breakfast tacos, enchiladas, nachos... throw some in an omelette with some cheddar and pico de gallo on top. Use it as the beef in vegetable beef soup. Chop some up and throw it in a pot with some bbq beans. TONS of stuff. If it sounds good... give it a try.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    baked beans with small cubes of brisket....make a puppy pull a freight train!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC