Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Kobe tonight in Tokyo

2»

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Awesome.  Would love to make that trip one day.   Enjoy!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Wow. Can't say that I've ever had to decide between buying a large egg or going out to dinner...
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    eggnewtoy said:
    I know it's impolite to talk about cost, but you really should share that info with the forum.  If memory serves me right, SRF prices will seem like Dollar General prices in comparison.
    Ok--firstly, it was my birthday and anniversary present and it was the most expensive meal I've ever had and will ever have.  It included 180 grams of female Kobe, highest grade they serve, oxtail soup (great), salad, appetizers of Kobe carpaccio, vegetables, garlic chips (amazing), vegetables, fried rice, dessert, beer, wine, mineral water, and total bill for both of us was $900.  Yikes.  

It's only money.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    No Wells Fargo trucks in the funeral procession. I'd do it once. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited April 2016
    How often does one get to eat Kobe beef in Japan?  I see it as money well spent.

Ask @Jeepster47 about his most expensive meal in Japan.  You will not even feel a little guilty after that :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    eggnewtoy said:
    I know it's impolite to talk about cost, but you really should share that info with the forum.  If memory serves me right, SRF prices will seem like Dollar General prices in comparison.
    Ok--firstly, it was my birthday and anniversary present and it was the most expensive meal I've ever had and will ever have.  It included 180 grams of female Kobe, highest grade they serve, oxtail soup (great), salad, appetizers of Kobe carpaccio, vegetables, garlic chips (amazing), vegetables, fried rice, dessert, beer, wine, mineral water, and total bill for both of us was $900.  Yikes.  

Hmmm ... 6.35oz ...

Happy belated birthday and anniversary ... may you have many, many more.  Glad you enjoyed it.  The Japanese really know how to cook and present food to give one a unique experience.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Cheers to your birthday-versary and well done.  No need to apologize for a life well-lived!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    @eggnewtoy, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.  That looked like a wonderful meal and probably once in a lifetime meal.  Maybe some day my wife and I will be able to do something like that.  Enjoy your trip and I look forward to seeing the videos when you get back. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447

that's worth the plane ride over there!  magical food in a land of good people....enjoy every minute over there...only thing left on the bucket list while your there is the sumo tournament....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    No Wells Fargo trucks in the funeral procession. I'd do it once. 
    You can take it with you!