Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boone Hall Results

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Big Green Egg had a good weekend at Boone Hall this weekend. It was good to get back out there in the mix again and we had a great time. This contest is held on Boone Hall Plantation and the location is one of the most beautiful places in the Carolina Lowcountry. On to the results.............[p]32 pro teams and another 20 or so on the amateur side-[p]In the amateur division, Midnight Smokers took 1st place overall. Way to go Paul! It must have been the 3 a.m. chat that did it.[p]In the pro division, Old Tavern BBQ (JimW & JohnW) was 10th in ribs, 10th in pork and 9th in brisket for a great overall 8th place finish. It was great to see you guys again and that consistency will definitely pay off for you soon. The EGGomaniacs took 2nd place in chicken and finished 7th in brisket for a 9th place overall finish.[p]I don't have time to post too much these days, but I do try and keep up with forum as much as I can. It is great to see so many new "faces" here and the food pics on this site are quite simply amazing.[p]Jim

Comments

• Midnight Smoker
    Options
    JSlot,
    Can't take all the cedit for for the results. Bernie's ribs took first place and I only got 5th for my chicken. Although, I can't complain......it was fun and my first time to compete. The only problem I had was answering all the question about the BGE!!!! I must have had 20 people stop and ask me "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?".
    The prize money is GREAT, but hearing your name for first in ribs and 1st overall is the BEST! Beginners luck and the BGE are a great combo. Someone told us that because we won overall we can't compete in the amateur division next year.......is that TRUE??? I guess we have a year to get ready for the pro division........ Paul

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    JSlot,
    Congrats Jim! I bet it felt good to get back out there.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congrats to the Egg teams. Nice Showing! Dan
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Thanks, Dan. Congrats to you as well. Are you going to Maggie Valley in September? We're looking hard at that one.[p]Jim
  • Unknown
    Options
    JSlot,
    Not sure about Maggie Valley yet. I will keep you posted. Dan