Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WAY OT - Why I missed the The Sunshine State Eggfest

Options
I had been planning to go to the Eggfest on Saturday.  It would have been my first time at an Eggfest.  Have had the date circled for months since I found out about it.

HOWEVER, SWMBO made other plans at the last minute that nixed my attendance.  Instead we flew to New Orleans where my wife purchased and picked up her dream car.  She has been wanting a 2 seat convertible sports car for the as long as she can remember.

Recently I hosted about 30 of my fellow cancer buddies here at the house for 5 days and prepared all of the meals on my Eggs and the Blackstone.  My wife saw the car that one of my friends had driven down in and fell in love with it.  She mentioned that it totally fit the bill of her ultimate dream car.  It was then that he told her that when he got back home to New Orleans he planned to sell it.  SHE WAS TOTALLY HOOKED AT THAT POINT.  2001 Chevy Convertible Corvette with only 41k miles.  Garage kept by a true Corvette guy, this was his 4th.

She reminded me that she bought my first Egg (an XL) for me for my birthday last August, so it was only fair that I go with her to help bring it back.

So no Eggfest for me and a new car for her.  I see a MiniMax in my future real soon over this deal.  I have already started the negotiations with her for my compensation.  I racked up a ton of "Atta boys" on this deal.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    I am willing to bet that there is always next year. Also it seems you have made her very happy. On a side note nice looking car. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Smart move my friend.  Congrats to your better half for her dream car.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow great score it looks like a brand new car.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Ever since I was a kid I loved Vetts! Good for her!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A rare case were your weekend may have impacted your wallet more than the Eggfest would. Solid reason for a pardon.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Looks to be a win-win here in my book. Hummm egg fest or corvette......Hummm yep corvette in for the win....lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    I had been planning to go to the Eggfest on Saturday.  It would have been my first time at an Eggfest.  Have had the date circled for months since I found out about it.

HOWEVER, SWMBO made other plans at the last minute that nixed my attendance.  Instead we flew to New Orleans where my wife purchased and picked up her dream car.  She has been wanting a 2 seat convertible sports car for the as long as she can remember.

Recently I hosted about 30 of my fellow cancer buddies here at the house for 5 days and prepared all of the meals on my Eggs and the Blackstone.  My wife saw the car that one of my friends had driven down in and fell in love with it.  She mentioned that it totally fit the bill of her ultimate dream car.  It was then that he told her that when he got back home to New Orleans he planned to sell it.  SHE WAS TOTALLY HOOKED AT THAT POINT.  2001 Chevy Convertible Corvette with only 41k miles.  Garage kept by a true Corvette guy, this was his 4th.

She reminded me that she bought my first Egg (an XL) for me for my birthday last August, so it was only fair that I go with her to help bring it back.

So no Eggfest for me and a new car for her.  I see a MiniMax in my future real soon over this deal.  I have already started the negotiations with her for my compensation.  I racked up a ton of "Atta boys" on this deal.

That's awesome! Try not to melt the rear tires off too quickly.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    *** Happy Wife - Happy Life!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    When Momma's. Happy, everyone's happy

Awesome color on that vette.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    I'm still trying to decide if this was a good move - or not.

Does she let you drive it?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,173
    Options
    Looks like you are in for some extra special sexy time! 
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Sweet deal! Is it just me or is she so happy that she's sitting in it naked. It appears in the picture she's not wearing a shirt, lucky bastard!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    You guys are a hoot!

No she was not shirtless in the pic, we were in the friends driveway where we bought it.  However the thought crossed her mind on the way home.  She was just afraid of getting her first ticket in the vet.

Not too much chance of me smoking the tires, its hers and I will only drive it occasionally.  She did jump on it a few times on the way home.  Her rationale was "Well the speedometer goes to 200mph, its supposed to go that fast".

This whole deal didn't hurt my wallet at all.  We are old folks and have only been married a little over 2 years.  We decided up front to keep separate finances.  The check was written from her account.

But she is totally happy with the car and that is whats important.  This friggin cancer is probably gonna take me in a couple of years so I want all of the time we have together to be filled with fun memories.  In fact I start chemo therapy one week from today, so the rest of this year is probably shot in the arse.  She can take off with the top down and take long rides here in the Florida sun to bring her some peace and joy when the need calls for it.

Life is really good in the meantime for sure.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    You're an inspiration to many of us. Keep kicking ass!!! @Sonny3
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Hang in there @Sonny3 and KICK CANCERS ASS!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    My wife has been reading too much here on the forum.  Today she registered her new vette and ordered a specialty license plate for it.

The plate will be a FL Save the Wildlife Plate and instead of numbers she ordered:

"SWMBO"

Oh lord I have let lose the Cracken.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    You guys are a hoot!

No she was not shirtless in the pic, we were in the friends driveway where we bought it.  However the thought crossed her mind on the way home.  She was just afraid of getting her first ticket in the vet.

Not too much chance of me smoking the tires, its hers and I will only drive it occasionally.  She did jump on it a few times on the way home.  Her rationale was "Well the speedometer goes to 200mph, its supposed to go that fast".

This whole deal didn't hurt my wallet at all.  We are old folks and have only been married a little over 2 years.  We decided up front to keep separate finances.  The check was written from her account.

But she is totally happy with the car and that is whats important.  This friggin cancer is probably gonna take me in a couple of years so I want all of the time we have together to be filled with fun memories.  In fact I start chemo therapy one week from today, so the rest of this year is probably shot in the arse.  She can take off with the top down and take long rides here in the Florida sun to bring her some peace and joy when the need calls for it.

Life is really good in the meantime for sure.
    Keep on keepin' on, my friend.  Hope the side effects are nonexistent, or at least minimal.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    @Sonny3 - "SWMBO" plate.....  That's awesome!

she's a keeper for sure!  I know she is proud!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Nice car.  I like.