Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chopped Steak

Options
Well at least that is what a restaurant will try to convince you it is.  I call it ground chuck hamburgers.  Darned tasty.  At 3/4 cup it is about 6 ounces, or 415 calories.

Grilled veggies and ice cold barely ripe tomatoes to round out.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    Options
    Looks good!  I always thought that 'chopped steak' was actually ground sirloin (sirloin steak).

What's in the salad you have on the plate aside from red onion and carrots?  Is that cucumber as well?
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good lookin meal Doc.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stoogie said:
    Looks good!  I always thought that 'chopped steak' was actually ground sirloin (sirloin steak).

What's in the salad you have on the plate aside from red onion and carrots?  Is that cucumber as well?
    That is not salad, that is grilled veggies.  It is funny, people come out of their offices and ask who has BBQ, and it is my vegetables.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1194028/grilled-vegitables#latest

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    all that is missing is the brown mushroom/onion gravy.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    all that is missing is the brown mushroom/onion gravy.
    You are so right, and I thought about it :)

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice meal Doc!   Did you grill the onions in 1/4s or in a basket?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Nice meal Doc!   Did you grill the onions in 1/4s or in a basket?
    The veggies on the plate were done in a basket, but you might have looked at the earlier cook I reverenced where I did half onions in a CI skillet.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Like you I do most of my veggies in a basket. I really like my onions cut into 1/4s straight on the grid.  I stick them with a toothpick to keep them together.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Like you I do most of my veggies in a basket. I really like my onions cut into 1/4s straight on the grid.  I stick them with a toothpick to keep them together.   
    I'll give that a try.

• Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    Options
    Stoogie said:

That is not salad, that is grilled veggies.  It is funny, people come out of their offices and ask who has BBQ, and it is my vegetables.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1194028/grilled-vegitables#latest

And you said "Grilled veggies" in your initial post as well.  Durrrr...
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI