Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Canadians - What did you pay for your Egg?

Options
2»

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Paid 1200 $ before taxes in Québec without any accessories.... Now I'm thinking about buying a AR from Ceramic grill store... I wonder what will be the shipping/duty cost.....
    What was included for the $1200? Just the Egg? That sounds about right, as MSRP on the Egg alone seems to be about $1283 CAD plus tax for most dealers.
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    edited April 2016
    Options
    i bought my large used with plate setter pizza stone nest  and delivery for 800. my small was closer to 1200 with goodies i think
    HFX NS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    So Large was used and Small was new, I presume?
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    I paid 1200 for just the large egg, it was 1500 with nest and side tables. I was just quoted $879 for the mini max, so I picked up the kamado joe Jr on sale at lowes for $550 taxes in.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Miked125 said:
    I paid 1200 for just the large egg, it was 1500 with nest and side tables. I was just quoted $879 for the mini max, so I picked up the kamado joe Jr on sale at lowes for $550 taxes in.
    Is definitely be interested in the Joe Jr for $550 taxes in, as I was also deliberating on the $1060(!!!!!) Mini Max. Do you know happen to know when it goes on sale?
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    I got my MiniMax with a bunch of stuff but the MM price alone I paid $450 US. With the exchange now you are at $585 for the MM
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Over the years I bought two eggs, Small from MI and XL from PA, from the US but ended up selling them (got my money back) because the thought of dealing with cross-border warranty issues bothered me.  You got lots of good advice.  An option not mentioned is Toronto Eggfest, not sure if they still have demos available, check it out:  http://www.biggreeneggtoronto.com/
    canuckland
  • dirty_denim86
    Options
    I also live in Ottawa picked up my egg 1 year ago was in the same situation but decided to stay local.

I settled on the Large Egg and I've attached my pricing I was able to get some free stuff and discounted accessories. I also decided to return the Plate Setter and go with the AR setup instead at the time the exchange wasn't to bad but I'm glad I did it.

With the exchange rate where it is I would wonder if it's truly worth the hassle unless you were already planning a trip down there.

Lowes sometimes has 15%-20% off sales and they sell the Kamado for $1300 which comes with a decent amount of accessories might be an option.

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Miked125 said:
    Is definitely be interested in the Joe Jr for $550 taxes in, as I was also deliberating on the $1060(!!!!!) Mini Max. Do you know happen to know when it goes on sale?
    I am guessing may long they will have save the taxes event? I got it on the deal if you spent over $500 you get 15% off. I would have loved to get the minni max but at a close to 45% price difference, I just couldn't.... Oh and the Joe jr, came with the place setter, grill grabber and ash tool....
  • Mithrandir
    Options
    Paid 1200 $ before taxes in Québec without any accessories.... Now I'm thinking about buying a AR from Ceramic grill store... I wonder what will be the shipping/duty cost.....
    What was included for the $1200? Just the Egg? That sounds about right, as MSRP on the Egg alone seems to be about $1283 CAD plus tax for most dealers.
    Only the large and I bought an used nest from the dealer. I think he sold me the nest 100 $. Weeks later, I saw the large in a store and it was 1600 $ BEFORE taxes.... So I was happy with my deal !
    Roberval, Qc, Canada
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    I just seen last week. 1800 for XL with side tables and nest. 1300 for larger with side tables and nest. Plus tax 13%. That was in Woodstock
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks for the info all. 

And thanks @dirty_denim86, for the quote!
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    So Large was used and Small was new, I presume?

yes
    HFX NS