Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have done it! Pic heavy

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
edited April 2016 in EggHead Forum
I have conquered the mountain. For years and years I never was happy with my Barbeque. Today I have done it. I have recreated brisket that tastes just as good if not better than La BBQ in Austin. That's the best brisket I've ever tasted and tonight I just recreated the wonderful masterpiece. 

Started  with a prime packer. Seasoned using meat church holy cow. Which is very very similar to that used at both franklins and la BBQ. I smoked it naked for 7 hours and wrapped in butcher paper until it proper tender. 

My stall was weird. It started at 145 and really lasted until 175. It took about 9 hours to go from 145 to 175. 

Ended up pulling at 208. Let it rest wrapped in butcher paper for 2.5 hours until the IT hit 150. 

A thing of absolute beauty.  Total time after rest 22 hours 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments