Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs - Low & Slow on the small BGE

Options
BigWader
BigWader Posts: 673
Looking for validation that this cook is going normally...

So I jumped on a warm Friday afternoon to go home at lunch and put some beef ribs on the small egg.  4.5lbs trimmed and slathered with beef base/worchestershire before rubbing with Meat Church Holy Cow.  Following a cook posted on Nibblemethis' webpage I got the egg set up to run 225 for a couple hours before bumping to 275 for the next phase.

It wasn't quite at 225 when I put the meat on.  Controlling the cook remotely with my cyber Q while working this afternoon.  Unfortunately the egg shot up to 280 and the meat temp has been climbing steady from 46 at the start to 185 after 2hr40min.  I'm worried they will be toast by the time I get home.

Unfortunately I'm not home so can't check probe placement, and never doing beef ribs or low and slow on the small I'm not sure things are going along the way they should.  Any feedback? 

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

Comments