Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Highly Recommend You Try This Salsa

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Medium has enough heat for me. Also use as a salad dressing.  There is a hot! This is great. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I like the the regular salsa that comes in the plastic tubs. To me the glass jars dont taste as good. Never seen that one though, will keep an eye out for it. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Mickey
    I like the the regular salsa that comes in the plastic tubs. To me the glass jars dont taste as good. Never seen that one though, will keep an eye out for it. 
    Don't think it's been out very long. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    I love salsa, and will. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Thanks.. Added to the grocery list..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    HEB? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    I tried it a few months ago for the first time.  I'm on my 3rd bottle, and have turned all my friends and family on to it.  Delish!  Another "version" of this salsa is to buy Herdez Salsa Verde and put it in the blender with an avocado.  It doesn't turn dark, due to the acidity of the Herdez, and tastes very fresh and bright.  HEB carries both of the salsas.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Thanks for the heads up, Mickey. I will look for it.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    will try it, making burgers this weekend and if the store has it that looks to be good on a burger
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    caliking said:
    HEB? 
    Yes Sir

• Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Thanks for the heads up @Mickey. The Herdez salsas are my very favorites. This is a must try!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Sadly no distributors here on the West Coast, but will keep a look out. Thanks @Mickey
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Just found some at our local Harris Teeter.. Thanks again @Mickey.. We will try tonight..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    I tried it a few months ago for the first time.  I'm on my 3rd bottle, and have turned all my friends and family on to it.  Delish!  Another "version" of this salsa is to buy Herdez Salsa Verde and put it in the blender with an avocado.  It doesn't turn dark, due to the acidity of the Herdez, and tastes very fresh and bright.  HEB carries both of the salsas.

Thanks for this! I was disappointed seeing another product I would likely never get to try as new things north of the border take a long time to get to our shelves if ever. I can get the salsa verde locally and try this out. Thanks for the tip
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    You're welcome, @poster.  I use the whole jar of the salsa verde to one large avocado.  Enjoy!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    I'll have to compare that to the one I make.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Yes that salsa is awesome!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    @SoCalTim Have you tried Vallarta? They carry everything 
    Hermosa Beach CA