Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Opinions on The $20 Bill Change

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Obama has to accomplish something under his rain. 
    Or "reign". 

Georgia should put more tax monet towards its school system
    Lol.....actually a victum of the South Carolina public school system. That money would benifit both states. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    It's a good thing y'all can smoke some meat, otherwise I'd be worried about your intellygenteses.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    And get rid of "In God We Trust."  Ain't nobody got time for that!
    That will be a sad day for America if or when it comes. Truly sad my friend. And the beginning of the end. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    SGH said:
    That will be a sad day for America if or when it comes. Truly sad my friend. And the beginning of the end. 
    We had a nice run as a country brother.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lmidkiff said:
    This change won't go into place until at least 2020. 
    Its scheduled for 2030.  The gubament is adept and swift!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Personally, I'd like to see more variety in our currency.  There have been many deserving people from the 20th century that go unrepresented 

Instead of doing away with Jackson, why not have 2 or 3 bills.  Jackson, Tubman and....idk, Reagan.

throw in a bill (any denomination will do) for Edison, FDR and other American icons
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    What about Kanye on a C note? 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    They're taking Michael Jackson off the $20.00? 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Nope 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    here she is in her younger years

Isn't that Sacagawea as she crossed the Platte River with Meriwether Lewis and his buddy Clark
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Nope 

Whew. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I don't like the new $20, it just seems like a FU to any white males in the country, even though we had nothing to do with their situation.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I mean, why not? An American golfer is on the fiver of GB. Sterling is doing alright.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    If you're not sure if you should be offended or pissed off, make sure you double down on the anger.
  • Legume
    Options
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    Obama has to accomplish something under his rain. 
    Or "reign". 

Georgia should put more tax monet towards its school system
    Or "money"
  • SGH
    Options
    I trust in God. 
    Myself included brother. And well said sir. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Legume said:
    If you're not sure if you should be offended or pissed off, make sure you double down on the anger.
    I'm pissed off that I'm offended, or am I offended that I'm pissed off?  Either way eff a bunch of change!
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    I don't like the new $20, it just seems like a FU to any white males in the country, even though we had nothing to do with their situation.
    Gotta disagree Mac.  Not sure how changing a picture on currency is derogatory toward white males. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    MaC122 said:
    Gotta disagree Mac.  Not sure how changing a picture on currency is derogatory toward white males. 
    I think Beck or Limbaugh or Colter said this was something to be upset about so...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    MaC122 said:
    come on..it all about slavery and black people. Something "I had nothing to do with"!
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • YukonRon
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    johnnyp said:
    MaC122 said:
    come on..it all about slavery and black people. Something "I had nothing to do with"!
    The origin of the ink, used to record history, is derived from the blood of the oppressed. That same ink is used to print the dollar. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    johnnyp said:
    MaC122 said:
    You also had nothing to do with the founding of the country, anything remotely remarkable in our collective history, or the changing of the $20 bill.  Did I miss the part where this somehow impacts you or was done to you?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thread reminds me of that saying - "opinions are like a$$holes - everyone's an a$$hole!"

What - that's not the saying?
    I usually say" opinions are like a$$holes - most people have one. " (Google" imperforate anus"). 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    Botch said:

(in my defense, I was trying to find a note with a Dallas cheerleader on it)

I found something pretty close :D

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    blasting said:

If we were a smart country, we wouldn't put portraits on the currency, and avoid all the drama.  
    Hey now...if the Founding Fathers didn't want "In God We Trust" on our currency they wouldn't have put it on it.

Oh...wait...
    Stop dad gum it tryin' ta edjukate peeple wif IRONY, doggunit!

"In God we trust" first appeared on U.S. coins in 1864[3] and has appeared on paper currency since 1957

Options
    MaC122 said:
    johnnyp said:
    MaC122 said:
    Love your use of irony, really masterful!!!