Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Opinions on The $20 Bill Change

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Blah blah libtards versus bible banging jesus freaks. 

Next topic please. 
    Agreed.  Next topic:  barbecue.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Obama has to accomplish something under his rain. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    It all spends the same, I don't mind who is on the bill.  There are definitely women in history who have earned the right to be on currency.  

Pretty cool we get to share this history with our daughter...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    ^+1
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Or "reign". 

Georgia should put more tax monet towards its school system
    I am from Georgia and resent your comment. Not really. I am just trying to piss everyone off tonight. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    This change won't go into place until at least 2020. 
    McKinney, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I think Jack Bauer needs a bill. He's an awesome American. 

I told  myself I would stay off this thread. Oh the siren song of a good fight....
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Twenty dollar bills are for poor people
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    #poorpeoplelivesmatter
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

No matter what the change, there are some for the change, some against.

If we were a smart country, we wouldn't put portraits on the currency, and avoid all the drama.  
    Phoenix 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    I prefer credit cards, keeps the loose change out of my pocket.

I'm the opposite.  Cash based for me.  Even with amazon, I buy gift cards with cash and apply them to my account.  

My yearly transactions from the bank could be printed on one sheet of paper.

Ex wives will do that to you.

Phoenix 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Or change them frequently and enjoy some variety

i know who washington and lincoln are. I wouldn't be offended if they changed it to George Burns for a year or so

i might learn somethin
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    blasting said:

If we were a smart country, we wouldn't put portraits on the currency, and avoid all the drama.  
    And get rid of "In God We Trust."  Ain't nobody got time for that!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    blasting said:

I trust in God. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    blasting said:

Don't you be dissin' mofuckin magic, elitist scum!!!
    Options
    Gotta get ready fer the fight. It is 4/20 day.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Or "reign". 

Did you mean, "Georgia should put more money towards it's school system." (?)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Or "reign". 

Nope, he got it right.
    http://grammarist.com/spelling/its-its/
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Monet was quite the artist, but I'm not sure he was a good teacher...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Or "reign". 

Oh boy.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    They might as well have just put Angela Davis on the damn thing. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I was attempting to be a smart ass with money and monet and autocorrect got me as well. It's how my luck goes. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    blasting said:

Hey now...if the Founding Fathers didn't want "In God We Trust" on our currency they wouldn't have put it on it.

Oh...wait...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    In 100-200 years from now I just wonder how many of today's heroes and innovators they will try to erase from history or turn into monsters.  How much stuff went down in the old days that was accepted and norm back then??  Ethics evolve will society and we cannot go back an judge the early settlers, founders, a caveman on the same standards as today.  Look back at all the good stuff and see how the nation evolved from what we NOW see as bad.

Hopefully society and the nation will also have evolved from this butt hurt mentality that it is stuck in.  You don't like something or it offends you, but you can continue living your life unchanged regardless??  Fine, screw it, they're a-holes and you're better than that ("and gosh darnit, people like me")!  You have a right to be offended, but you don't have to drag everyone one else into it and make them feel your [perceived] plight.  Find something positive about something else.....something contrary to what offenders you, and promote the hell out of it.  Nobody wants to hang around or listen to someone that b!tches constantly; however, if you're really into something, go tell it on the mountain top.

This isn't directed at anyone, any post, or this specific incident......this is just getting ridiculous.

I'm pretty upset I can't dribble and shoot a basketball like Kobe Bryant and Stephen curry. I think there are WAY too many African Americans in professional sports. It needs to be more fair.  I will complain until more white people are in the NBA even though they don't deserve it. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Legume said:
    Haven't seen it, is she hot?
    Only if your names Frederick Douglas!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm all for putting Cait on the $3 dollar bill!

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!