Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Customer Service

Options
Fish Bones
Fish Bones Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Assembled my new large BGE today and noticed that the dome did not sit on the base correctly. It was shifted over to the right about a half inch. I called BGE in Atlanta to see if that was normal and was told that it was not. They said either the auto lock band or dome was defective. They said that they would replace either if I could tell them which one it was. Well I couldn't, so since I live in the Atlanta area, I loaded the BGE up and drove it to the Atlanta store on Clairmont Rd. I got there about 5:45pm and they close at 6:00.
I'm sure the last thing they wanted to see was someone with a problem right at the end of the day.[p]Well when I got there they took the BGE into the store and figured out that the base needed to be replaced. They replaced the base, put on the auto locking band and it fit just perfectly. I was back out the door and loaded up by 6:05pm![p]In this day and age, it is the rare company that will take care of a customer's problem, especially when they are about to lock up and go home for the day.[p]My many thanks to the guys at the BGE that assisted me.

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Fish Bones,
    This is exactly the kind of service that keeps me referring people to buy an egg. I have convinced 3 or 4 (at least) to buy a large and I will continue. Even if you could find something that works as welll (at any price) I don't think you can find someone to match their service.
    just my $.02
    Later, ChefRD

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Fish Bones, if more companies realized that what they really sell is customer service (the product is the vehicle to get to the customer service) maybe we would be leading the world in product sales of all sorts. I bet for sure that we lead the world in sales of ceramic cookers which are egg-shaped and colored green (or blue) and a large part of that reason is the wonderful people at the BGE store in Atlanta. I have heard story after story of things that they have done for customers that most people would not believe. As a result I send people there to buy. No matter how good a product is initially, if the company does not provide good customer service, sales disappear and the product goes away. The BGE is here for the duration.