Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Took First Place Today - Thanks Dizzy Pig!

Options
Jackbythesea
Jackbythesea Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1STPlaceTrophy.jpg
<p />Made some "Dizzy Pig Almost Fried Wings" at a cook-off hosted by some old friends today. It was an open competition so I entered "ABT's" and the Chicken. Both got the Judges attention but the Chicken won first place. Thanks Chris![p]Jack[p]P.S. Cooked all day on my small with the same load of lump. The guy next to me used 2 bags with a conventional BBQ!

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]Way to go Jack!

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • EGGlomaniac
    Options
    drbbq,
    WAY TO GO BROTHER!!!!![p] it's amazing how many converts are made with simply seeing the egg in action,,,and tasting the final product.
    GOOD WORK AND CONGRATS!!!!

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    Chris is off at a competition in downtown Washington, but I'm sure he'd mention that Ron/ChefRD was the originator of this approach to wings on the Egg, NB just put a Dizzy spin on it. And, of course, tons of kudos to the chef; this is a cook that takes good timing and a gentle/steady hand! Congratulations on the success and we're glad that Dizzy Pig could play a small part in it!
    Qfan

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    jackbythesea,
    Good job.Eggors are happy,Chris is happy and I am sure you are on cloud nine.Keep up the good work.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Way to go, Jack!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congratulations!
    My hubby cooks on his Egg every nite, and the "Almost fried chicken wings" are a huge hit around our house & with friends.
    There is nothing like ribs on the egg!
    Our neighbor, beyond some tall hedges, has been heard to mutter "damn, I think he's b-b-que-ing ribs again!"
    We live on the edge of a baseball field right next to the infield. Parents & coaches have, more than once, yelled through the fence "you're killing us over here" when the breeze blows their way....
    Can't imagine life without the Egg!
    Best,
    Lynn & Bill in Cos Cob, CT

[ul][li]http://EGG RULES![/ul]