Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been a while - weekend cook

Options
Hope all is well with everyone, I haven't been doing anything ultra special but did have a good Sunday cook on what was the best day of the year so far in Georgia. Did our normal weekly chicken breast with Oakridge dominator rib rub, had some deer tenderloins in the freezer that needed to be used so thawed them and gave them a rub from the last exchange and then did some burgers for my boys.

Chicken breasts indirect, few chunks of mesquite at about 300 till they hit about 160 and then pulled. I've found that they still cook up to the needed temp if covered. I'd be curious as to others takes but that works good and they are pretty nice and juicy.

Deer went direct for quick 1.5 min/1min and they probably could have cooked a little less. Still excellent sliced over salad for dinner that night.

Burgers went direct at about 350, turned out flawless. A little more cooked than I would like but for 6 and 8 year olds, pink = no eat. Still the flavor was spot on and fully eaten so success! Nothing earth shattering but solid basic cooks that were well received at the casa.
Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

Comments