Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Bragging Rights!!

drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
edited 10:33PM in EggHead Forum
I've been in Atlanta for a few days this week for a very special cookoff. The big organization for the grill and fireplace industry is the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association (HPBA) and they had the SE Regional Conference here this week. As part of it they held the first BBQ cookoff among grill manufacturers. The two categories were meat (beef, pork or chicken) and anything else.
The participants were BGE, Fire Magic, Fire Stone, Vidalia Grills, Primo, Vermont Castings(with a new smoker) and Coleman.[p]When the smoke cleared BGE was first in both categories. Fire Magic was second in meat and Fire Stone was second in Anything Else. That's all they announced. The egg was the star of the show.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,152
    drbbq,
    WOW!!! Those are bragging rights!!! Let's hope Webmaster Miller posts something on the main board so that when interested folk come asking what brand to buy that we can point to these results.[p]

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • MR HMR H Posts: 109
    drbbq,
    HEY RAY that is a wonderful report. Keep it up[p]Howard in Bartow

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    drbbq,
    Congrat's to BGE and to you Ray!
    Clay

• GreendriverGreendriver Posts: 128
    BGE has a great ambassador in Dr BBQ, he is WAY cool. I thought it might be nice to post the pics I have of the event. Can't figure out how to post here so this proly won't work like it's spose to.

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    That's outstanding news, Ray! What did you cook?
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    drbbq,
    Way to go dude! -RP

• drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    JSlot,[p]Oh yeah. I cooked my soon to be famous 2 hour baby back ribs and baked apples stuffed with snickers bars and marshmallows.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,152
    drbbq,
    I see from a pix on the P board that you're not kidding about the baked apples and snickers. Man, I'd like that recipe! Will you post it or will that be in book number 3?

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    The apple recipe sure does sound interesting. Gotta love anything with a Snickers bar in it. Well, almost anything. :)