Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I found the Beef ! ( Ribs )...First cook

Options

Comments

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Not first BGE cook. First Beef Rib cook.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Those look awesome, I want to try these, where did you find them, hoping they have that store in my area...

How did you season them?
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Looks like Plate Ribs. Good source for those is Restaurant Depot.  They really look great.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • feef706
    Options
    Shiff said:
    Looks like Plate Ribs. Good source for those is Restaurant Depot.  They really look great.
    Nothing like that here in NW Florida. I keep hearing about it on here tho.
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    These came from Restaurant Depot. They were in the " superior angus " section, whatever that means ,as there is no grade of meat on this stock. They came in a package of four racks marked " Chuck Short Rib "
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    Seasoned with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick , and Dizzy Dust. Next time i will do a little trimming and prep . These were just rubbed and refrigerated over night and seven hours at 225* - 250*
  • feef706
    Options
    XLentEGG said:
    Seasoned with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick , and Dizzy Dust. Next time i will do a little trimming and prep . These were just rubbed and refrigerated over night and seven hours at 225* - 250*
    Wow that's good to know, I'm learning some ribs take longer than others. How much did they weigh and how much did you pay per pound if you don't mind me asking.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Dude!
    Jacksonville FL
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    Wow that's good to know, I'm learning some ribs take longer than others. How much did they weigh and how much did you pay per pound if you don't mind me asking.
    19.07LBS. @ $3.89 / LB
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Shiff said:
    If you have a Publix all you have to do is ask them for uncut short ribs. They will be glad to sell you a cyrovac bag with 4 ribs to a slab.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Great ribs!!!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• feef706
    Options
    XLentEGG said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    19.07LBS. @ $3.89 / LB
    19 lbs? That's unreal
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    Shiff said:
    If you have a Publix all you have to do is ask them for uncut short ribs. They will be glad to sell you a cyrovac bag with 4 ribs to a slab.
    I do have publix 2 mins from the house, thanks.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Sweet 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nicely done!! :clap:
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    19.07LBS. @ $3.89 / LB
    19 lbs? That's unreal
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    Shiff said:
    When you get them they will look thinner. Remember the meat shrinks up the bone and gets thicker as it cooks much like a flank steak. I think the weight above is a typo. That would be almost 5 lbs per rib.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Damn, those look good. Great job.
    Stillwater, MN
  • feef706
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    19.07LBS. @ $3.89 / LB
    19 lbs? That's unreal
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    Shiff said:
    When you get them they will look thinner. Remember the meat shrinks up the bone and gets thicker as it cooks much like a flank steak. I think the weight above is a typo. That would be almost 5 lbs per rib.
    I was wondering as I have cooked a brisket that weighed 15 lbs and it barely fit on my large but based on the hinge in his pic it may be an XL, the cooked pics look a lot smaller than the raw meat when it first went on.
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    feef706 said:
    XLentEGG said:
    19.07LBS. @ $3.89 / LB
    19 lbs? That's unreal
    NonaScott said:
    feef706 said:
    Shiff said:
    When you get them they will look thinner. Remember the meat shrinks up the bone and gets thicker as it cooks much like a flank steak. I think the weight above is a typo. That would be almost 5 lbs per rib
     The weight is the total package ,with four racks in it.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Those look amazing!! I'm doing 4 racks of CAB at Butt Blast this weekend!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum