Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcocked Chicken

Options
BOBF
BOBF Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just pulled a couple of the best spatchcocked chickens I have done yet. I put lime juice under the skin on the breast with a little DP Raging River. Sprayed bird with herbed EVOO (garlic, oregano,thyme, sage, rosemary - whatever I had to throw in it a few weeks ago). Then sprinkled Dizzy Dust on the outside of the bird. Added guava wood, star anise and ginger slices to the coals. Took about 1 hr 15 minutes at 280 - 300F on my XL with raised grid. I got the idea about adding the star anise and ginger from searching the these archives and finding it used in a duck recipe. I have a quart jar full of the stuff and figured someone on this forum had used it. Amazing what is there is you want to look for it. The star anise adds an aroma to the smoke that is interesting.

Comments