Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcocked Chicken

BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just pulled a couple of the best spatchcocked chickens I have done yet. I put lime juice under the skin on the breast with a little DP Raging River. Sprayed bird with herbed EVOO (garlic, oregano,thyme, sage, rosemary - whatever I had to throw in it a few weeks ago). Then sprinkled Dizzy Dust on the outside of the bird. Added guava wood, star anise and ginger slices to the coals. Took about 1 hr 15 minutes at 280 - 300F on my XL with raised grid. I got the idea about adding the star anise and ginger from searching the these archives and finding it used in a duck recipe. I have a quart jar full of the stuff and figured someone on this forum had used it. Amazing what is there is you want to look for it. The star anise adds an aroma to the smoke that is interesting.
·

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,677
    BOBF,
    When you retire to the Ozarks that should be the meal to serve your new neighbors when you introduce yourself. I think they will quickly take to you.[p]Spring "Assortment Of Chicken Parts" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • EggerinMOEggerinMO Posts: 47
    When you move to the ozarks you will find there are several Eggheads living there...

EggerinMO
    ·
  • BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    Spring Chicken,[p]Thanks, you are very kind.
    ·