Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello, and pork steaks

JonD2016
JonD2016 Posts: 6
Hello all. New Egger here, first egg, first post. Been reading the forum for several months. So, my first post is a tribute to my hometown St. Louis, where pork steaks are common backyard fare.  I've heard they are uncommon in other parts of the country, but I'm sure many of you are quite familiar with them.  Basically just bone-in pork shoulder cut into steaks.  I used a variation of the 2-2-1 rib method (thank you forum) and it was a money shot. Fat perfectly rendered, clean bones, etc.  I held the temp at 220 for the first 2 hours, but man this XL wants to creep up. It's my 3rd low and slow, and on every occasion so far, even with the lower vent open a measly 1/16" and the top vent basically closed, it wants to go to 250/260.  Any suggestions?  Nevertheless, a great spring day with my new egg.  Nothing like the site of smoke chugging out at 11am on a Sunday morning... 

Comments