Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Series we need to watch

Comments

• I've really been into the Walking Dead lately.  Seasons 1-5 are currently on Netflix, so that could keep you busy for a while.  We just finished Season 5 last night and are moving on the Season 6 which just finished airing last Sunday.  I've never been into horror movies, or Zombie type stuff.  I always thought it was stupid.  However, this show is really good.  It's more about the characters lives and what not than the zombies.  Lots of great characters, plot twists, etc. 

Other recommendations are Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Mad Men, Bloodline, Homeland, Friday Night Lights, Man in the High Castle and Making a Murderer.
    Todd - Smoking on my LBGE in Elkridge, MD

GO IRISH!  Onward to Victory!
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Longmire on Netflix is great 
    i was suprised at how much i liked this show.  some of the stories were hoke but a good show nonetheless

i will add (all on netflix):

the fall
    the killing
    house of cards
  • gtcharlie
    gtcharlie Posts: 65
    Binge watched Longmire and absolutely loved it.  So glad Netflix picked it up for season 4 and will now do season 5.  One of those rare cable series you can actually watch with your family.

Some that weren't mentioned (and not necessarily family friendly) are Penny Dreadful, House of Lies (definite guilty pleasure category) and one of my all time comedy favorites Episodes.   Matt LeBlanc is very very good in that one.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Cooked on Netflix is pretty interesting.
  • Better Call Saul is very good.

Cooking on a LBGE and MM down in Miami, FL.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    tonyled said:
    i was suprised at how much i liked this show.  some of the stories were hoke but a good show nonetheless

the fall
    the killing
    house of cards
    The Fall is pretty good.  A lot of the BBC series are.   Have you checked out Top of the Lake?   It's on Netflix too.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    2 of our favs are over, Dexter and Californication.
    Shameless is our current go to.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    tonyled said:

the fall
    the killing
    house of cards
    The Fall is pretty good.  A lot of the BBC series are.   Have you checked out Top of the Lake?   It's on Netflix too.  
    nope but will.  which reminds me, i forgot sherlock.  prob my favorite show in a long time
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Sorry if a missed a couple mentions and repeat.

for me, these are the best shows on tv right now.
    game of thrones
    walking dead
    the americans
    better call Saul 

these are my favorite to stream 
    breaking bad *** (the champ)
    house of cards
    homeland
    the wire
    deadwood
    dexter

finally, I'll come off the rails a little bit.
    the first season of Nip/Tuck was solid
    the first two seasons of True Blood were good
    community was a way underrated comedy

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • greenenvy
    greenenvy Posts: 87

Rome!

Deadwood

Arrested Development (not R, unless you count innuendos, but personal fave)

The Americans

Homeland

Game of Thrones

Just started House of Cards last night, and Narcos is top of the list after.

your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential

LBGE in SATX

• A second vote for Daredevil but Vikings is well worth a watch as well.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Surprised nobody mentioned Scandal on Netflix. Looks like a CF but there are tons of quality kills. Most episodes make you watch the next one.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    House of cards season one was amazing. 2 was good 3 was horrible and 4 is starting to redeem the series.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Andy Griffith Show!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    +1 on the John Adams series. BTW hubby is a History Professor, swears it is very accurate. +1 also on People vs OJ though I have trouble watching some disturbing aspects of it. Also if you can, look up Ripper Street. The series is about London Police around the time of Jack the Ripper. Really well written and suspenseful.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Surprised nobody mentioned Scandal on Netflix. Looks like a CF but there are tons of quality kills. Most episodes make you watch the next one.
    Since you're a Leafs fan, I thought you would like comedy better.  Heeheehee!
    Flint, Michigan
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Breaking Bad, Dexter, Oz, Sopranos, Narcos (was amazing, can't wait for the finish), 11.22.63 is pretty entertaining (Hulu only) and also on Hulu is The Path which is a show (thinly veiled jab at scientology) about a cult. Suits is pretty good. Man In High Castle on Amazon is pretty good too.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    BYS1981 said:
    Cooked on Netflix is pretty interesting.

Mind of a chef is good too. Couple of Asian (heritage) guys that can be good for a laugh. British lady is pretty funny as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Baskets.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Andy Griffith, Sanford and Son, Amos and Andy
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Trailer Park Boys...Netflix picked them up. You have to start from the first season. You'll be holding a drink in a short glass by the end
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I think there was a longer thread like this out there as well, but this one surfaced first so I'm posting here.  I just finished watching The Last Kingdom (BBC/Netflix) this week and it's fantastic.  No dragons.  Two seasons so far that cover I think about 4 of the book series the Saxons (I believe that's what it is, haven't read them myself).  Anyway, very good series, about 16 hourlong episodes.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Good ones, surprised  not to see..

Stranger things, first season of true detectives ( or  I missed  it)

Shameless.. I lived outside Chicago from 4th grade through high school.  I swear I know that family. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Dexter and Californication were great.  I'm currently on season 3 of Homeland and waiting for Shameless and Ray Donovan to come back.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,170
    Good ones, surprised  not to see..

Stranger things, first season of true detectives ( or  I missed  it)

Shameless.. I lived outside Chicago from 4th grade through high school.  I swear I know that family. 

Just watched stranger things as well and enjoyed it. 
    Almost anything thats not on one of the major networks and doesnt have any Hollywood a-listers seems to be way higher in quality
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
      Now I know why I didn't see stranger things...

Zombie thread!.  It's alive!!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Boardwalk Empire
    Sons of Anarchy
    Billions
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Legume said:
    I think there was a longer thread like this out there as well, but this one surfaced first so I'm posting here.  I just finished watching The Last Kingdom (BBC/Netflix) this week and it's fantastic.  No dragons.  Two seasons so far that cover I think about 4 of the book series the Saxons (I believe that's what it is, haven't read them myself).  Anyway, very good series, about 16 hourlong episodes.
    No dragons?!?!? Pffft...I'm out!

Dracarys! Just 30-ish hours to go!!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,895
    Peaky Blinders, Turn, River, and Luther.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    LOST was great until.... well, you'll find out.

The Walking Dead was good until episode 2 of Season 5. No use watching after that. Switch to Fear the Walking Dead after that point if you don't want to go to sleep. TWD decided to restart the story with new writing or something like that for Season 5. Snorefest.

Game of Thrones is awesome. New season starts tomorrow. They are already planning 4 or 5 spin-offs.

Vikings is a good show to watch. Plenty of action. No nudity unless you catch the European episodes which has very very little nudity.

Started binging on Orphan Black this last week. Made it through season 1 and I really like the show. The lead actress does a great job. Mild nudity in it if you have kids. I think they are airing season 5 now. 

Archer if you want a hilarious adult-humor cartoon (Not "adult cartoon").
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.