Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken,Smoked Potato Salad and Baked Beans

Started out with a 5lb yardbird that I split and removed the keel bone. Rubbed with a 50/50 mix of Bad Byrons and Dizzy Dust cause I like the peppery flavor of BBBR on chicken.  Chicken was mopped bout every 30mins with a mix of vinegar, apple cider,a homemade bbq sauce and red pepper flakes.

This is after the first flip about 2hrs in running at 225° raised (3" above felt) direct use cherry and white oak for smoke.  

Meanwhile the small has potatoe duty and is cruising at 275 indirect with cherry smoke 

After a 2 1/2hr smoke the potatoes were rough cut and mixed with green onions,parsley and kalamata olive and a dressing of EVOO, Dijon mustard and dry mustard seeds 

Chicken is back to skin up with some baked beans still underneath grabbing some chicken goodness

Plated up 

I'm stuffed to say the least. Everything tasted great and the chicken was very similar to the old concrete block pits that I helped cook on as a teenager    Brought back some good memories!  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments