Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

NCque
NCque Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking of trying the Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Redeye BBQ Sauce that was in the Eggfest '03 Cookbook on TNW website. Anyone else ever tried it? How long to cook and at what temp for about a 1 1/2 lb. tenderloin? Any modifications to that recipe out there that I should try?

Comments

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    NCque,
    I cook QBabe's coffee crusted pork tenderloin frequently, though I never make the sauce. Every post I've read--and there have been quite a few--about that recipe is positive. Rave reviews, really. [p]I can't remember how long it took, but I take the pork tenderloin off the fire when it hits about 150 internal. Most will say take it off at 145. I think it takes about 20 or 30 minutes when I cook direct on the extended grid. Be sure to give it a little rest covered with foil before you slice. Yum.

• NCque,the coffee crusted pork tenderloin is by far one of the best things that I have cooked on my egg. Everyone who has tried/eaten it absolutly raves about it.

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Trouble,[p]I did a pork loin roast the other evening, and it turned out perfect. Cooked indirect over plate setter with drip pan filled with a little apple juice and teryaki marinade @ 350º for about 40 minutes till 150º internal temp and rested in foil for 30 minutes.
    Very juicy and tender. Gotta love the pork loin on the Egg!
    Cheers

• NCque,
    Coffee Crusted tenderloins are on our most requested list. They are definitely well worth making. I highly recommend the Red Eye sauce that Q-Babe made to go with the pork (see below link). Good Luck and let us know how they come out.

[ul][li]RedEye BBQ Sauce[/ul]
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.