Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Suggestions for Beef Tenderloin Scraps?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a great looking Beef Tenderloin at Sam's for $5.99 per lb. After cutting into 9 steaks, I have about a pound of meat left from the ends. Any ideas on what to do with this primo hunk of scrap?

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Irish Smoker:[p]Premium chili with small chunks of wonderful meat?[p]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    12_20_9910_42_01.jpg
    <p />djm5x9, sounds like a great idea to me - since I'm down to my last container of frozen chili, I do believe this weekend will see a new batch bubbling on the egg.

[ul][li]Balck Bean Chili[/ul]
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Irish Smoker,[p]Pizza toppings! Now before you start laughing, I once came across a Ma and Pa pizza parlor in Columbus OH that offered a steak and lobster pizza as their specialty. It was sensational and expensive. Thank goodness for expense accounts. The meat was cut into 1/2 inch cubes and arrived on the finished pie as medium to medium well.[p]K~G

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Irish Smoker,
    What about braised tips and noddles? Do the meat (in small chunks) in a cast iron skillet on the Egg, then simmer 'em in the same skillet on the Egg with a good gravy and then on to the noodles! That's eatin' par-Eggcellence![p]Dr. C [p]p.s.: make sure you got fresh homemade bread to go with it!

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Irish Smoker, quick feeze the remains,, when solid, place them in a ziploc bag,, wrap in several layers of newspaper, secure them in a FedX shipping box, and I will email you the remaining steps to complete the process. :^)

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Irish Smoker,[p]Make up some greep peppercorn sauce. You use storebought (knorrs), but you always need to add more green peppercorns.[p]Cut them into medallion sized bits. Then cook them up either in a pan or on the egg.[p]put the cooked meat on a plate and cover generously with Peppercorn sauce. It's fabulous, and one of my favorite dishes... Man I'm hungry!![p]I'm having egg withdrawl.. I'm on a long business trip. Say, are you actually in Ireland? [p][p]
  • James,[p]I'm a fraud, I'm not in Ireland. I'm in Tennessee, but all of my grandparents were born in Ireland, My family has been American for only two generations. I'm quite proud of my heritage and came up with the name after I read "Angela's Ashes"

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Irish Smoker,
    If the pieces have any size to them you might try some marinated kebobs.