Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

One more question, the medium or the large?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well from all the input controlling temperature does not seem to be a problem, so which size to folks recommend, the medium or large Egg?
·

Comments

• BYCBYC Posts: 358
    Tsuga,[p]EXTRA LARGE!!! all the way

·
  • Tsuga,[p]My vote is large
    ·
  • GrilliciousGrillicious Posts: 347
    Tsuga, my vote is also the large.

·
  • Tsuga,
    One of the great posters recomends "the largest one you can afford". However, if you have some specific baking, etc. in mind the size that fits that might work best. I understand a medium might be slightly easier to control the temp than a large and a large slightly easier than an XL ... in any event they all seem to provide a great cooking expieriance. Good luck!

·
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    Tsuga,[p]Have both. Prefer the large if I'm cooking multiple dishes and for more than two people. Bought the medium only to do side dishes when I'm using the large for the main course. I do NOT find the medium easier to control, however -- quite the contrary (although maybe I'm spoiled by the large.)
    ·
  • Kelly KeefeKelly Keefe Posts: 469
    Tsuga,
    It's like I tell my IT customers about hard disk space and memory. Buy as big as your pockets can afford and don't try and figure the "perfect" size. You won't waste it, trust me. If it's not enough after a couple of months, start saving for the upgrade.[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

·
  • JackGTJackGT Posts: 64
    Tsuga,[p]Large. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it (same holds true for firearms, beer and good women).[p]JackGT
    ·
  • MadhatterMadhatter Posts: 139
    Tsuga,
    Large for your first one. Then you can decide if you want a med or XL for the next one...

·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    for the price difference go large and trust me no regrets........
    ·
  • Tsuga,
    I posted the sme question about a month age. I took everyones advice and got the large. It was definitely the right move. I would have really regreted the medium. The large is really not so large compared to most grills out there - any smaller wouldn't really be usefull for a party or entertaining.

·
  • MasterMasonMasterMason Posts: 243
    mjk,[p]
    Thats why I am getting my second large at Eggs by the Bay tomorrow :)

·
  • LakerLaker Posts: 110
    Get the LARGE. I have both and the large is easy to control, does not burn a great deal more lump and still have great versitility.

Go LARGE
    ·
  • egghead2004egghead2004 Posts: 423
    Tsuga,
    well, if you have the money, get the large!
    Now I don't have an xtra large, but I do have a large and a small, great combo if you have the cash.
    If you have even more money....xlarge and small[p]small is super versitile, you can sear in it and dwell in the large or xtra large.[p]the eggs are awesome...great cooking tools, you will not regret it.

·
  • Tsuga,
    Large... I have a friend with a medium and he's just "mad" about it... saving his money to upgrade to the large now.

·