Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg Price

Options
Found one, never used, for $350. Looks like it is just the Egg, DW and Cap...

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Sounds fair for $350. Not a steal but not too bad for being new. It might be worth calling around a few egg dealers and seeing if you could pick one up with warranty for an extra $150. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Local dealer selling SBGE with nest for $600-as a benchmark.  Did not see price for SBGE alone. FYI-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    edited April 2016
    Options

$450 for a small no nest at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest, $584 with a nest.

http://mountainegg.com/

It's an awesome fest.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    PM sent @dougcrann
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Sounds fair for $350. Not a steal but not too bad for being new. It might be worth calling around a few egg dealers and seeing if you could pick one up with warranty for an extra $150. 
    Only have 2 dealers in my area. Both are 35+ miles away. The closest one is the one I have been dealing with...and well...we had a bit of a falling out...
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Just got an email from Duane...after 10 days warranty is non-transferable.....hmmm....not so sure now...
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Does a small need a nest? This is a relative lightweight, made for tailgating and taking on vacation - I wouldn't bother with a nest, I'd place it on a ceramic tile or a trivet and fill it with lump.

Plenty of times I've fired up a large for two burgers - would looooove to have a small @ $350

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• dougcrann
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    Does a small need a nest? This is a relative lightweight, made for tailgating and taking on vacation - I wouldn't bother with a nest, I'd place it on a ceramic tile or a trivet and fill it with lump.

Plenty of times I've fired up a large for two burgers - would looooove to have a small @ $350
    Would just "make room" on my table for it. Still thinking about it. Don't "need" it, have a Large and a pair of XL'S....just "want" it.....lol...
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    DieselkW said:

I have a Small GE and a KJ Jr.  I would NEVER use either of them without a nest or in a table.  When I swing the top open, it kinda wants to keep going back.  If I were to use either one on a ceramic tile, the momentum of the lid opening would flip it for sure.

Never tried it so no pix & it never happened...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• dougcrann
    Options
    Just got a response from Bruce, he told me with the receipt and pictures for proof of non-use he will discuss the warranty with me...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited April 2016
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    Just got a response from Bruce, he told me with the receipt and pictures for proof of non-use he will discuss the warranty with me...
    Some nice things done by Bruce and the main office should be kept on the low down as it's not common practice and I'm sure they may not want the info spread around the forums.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    dougcrann said:
    Some nice things done by Bruce and the main office should be kept on the low down as it's not common practice and I'm sure they may not want the info spread around the forums.
    Good point...and at this point I am no longer going to chat with Bruce about this. Bruce mentioned needing a receipt....seller doesn't have it as it was a gift...wife wants me to get it anyway...she mentioned wanting a dedicated baking Egg...hmmm.....
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Just buy a new one. One day you'll be glad you did. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Decided against this. Went to my local dealer today, a Small is $210 more than this one. All it will take is one cracked base over its lifetime and the price of this 9ne will be equal to the price of this one. Will not be buying it from my local dealer....that clown will not ever get another dime from me....will be visiting a friend in AZ my next trip. This guy is an Egghead...who just so happens to have a friend that is a dealer...