Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Stack some wood by the man cave and quit boiling your brisket. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Advise?  Buy low, sell high.
    Options
    Totally unrelated, but I thought about you on Saturday. A couple of weeks ago I bought a $10 raffle ticket from one of my employees for "Ag Day" (Agriculture Day) which happened to be on Saturday. 

He called me Saturday afternoon and told me I won a cooler! It wasn't a Yeti, but I was still happy with it. It was a 20 quart K2 Orca like the one in the picture. Not bad for $10. 

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Silver day is super awesome.
    Options
    Ugh!  Agree with most everything on that list. Specially the places that lather on sauce without asking you.

I think they are wrong on the ribs though...while they don't have to fall off the bone, I smoke them all day and they do just that. And I love it. Anyway, beware the bad BBQ...it is indeed nasty stuff.

LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    Don't stare directly at the sun.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @johnkitchens   I like the look of that cooler.  Congrats.
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Don't masturbate or you'll go to hell.
    Options
    ...said the palm shaver
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Hell is going to be very crowded.

Phoenix 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Red blood/juice coming out of the brisket. Seen it. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Ha! I opened the thread and this was the first thing I saw..... I will take my chances.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    someone has stolen Nola's password.  He'd never commit the 'advice'/'advise' mix-up. And the 'c' and 's' are too far apart for a typo. 

someone do a wellness check please

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Know the difference between sh!t & Shinola.

http://youtu.be/YTHL0y6xvLE
    Flint, Michigan
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Maybe even more important to know the diff twixt a shart and a fart.

My english reacher always said (actually, she was a he, and he never said this):

'Advice' is what you give, and is pronounced with a soft 'c'

'Advise' is what you do, and is pronounced with a 'z'

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I advise you to take my advice about sh!t & Shinola.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and buy a couple pairs of these.....one for you and one for a close friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Ear-No-Evil-Protectors-Political/dp/B01AMMXE0I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460513045&sr=8-2&keywords=The+Hillary+Clinton+BS+protectors

They really work!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Don't eat corn the day before giving a stool sample.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Say hello to The Buffaloe........
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Don't eat corn the day before giving a stool sample.
    You mispelled 'Do'

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Personally... Eat or swallow some butterbeans... Whole 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    With harry knuckles!  

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @henapple
    Advice you say Uncle Apple? Well, here is the best advice that I can give anyone who wants to keep their money, guns and their freedom:
    Vote often, vote early and vote Republican. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    If you have the leisure to think about it, you have time to do it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    Here is some more free advice. Go big, or go home =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Swing a big hammer and swing it hard ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I have money, guns, and freedom. But i didn't vote for my ex-Governor Romney. 

Hope that's ok. 

Actually made more money under the current idiot than i did the previous idiot

starting to think the money thing has more to do with me than them