Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you transport your egg??

Options
Getting ready to do my first competition next week and looking for the best way to move the eggs. We will be taking two XLs and a large. 
Please help me, and tell me how you have moved yours. 
Thanks

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @NibbleMeThis  has a great blog entry about this Google search "Nibble Me This Transport." It will come up.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Keep it over an Axle. I found that the further back from the axle, the greater chance of cracks.  Those racks that fit into a trailer hitch are certain death. (destroyed my small egg twice anyway)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Lie it on its side and roll away. :fearful:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Took out the guts. Put a towel in the lid so it wouldn't so the base and lid wouldn't vibrate together. Strapped the XL in the corner of of the pickup.  Traveled just fine that way and easier to move in and out of the truck with the guts.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Went to FL and back to TX several times with a Large in the bed of a Taco.
    Cardboard between the guts and ceramic as well as between the lid and base.
    Not a problem with the Larges.
    For the Mini and Mini-Max just the cardboard between the lid and base.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Options
    This works fantastic for lifting the egg.  For transporting I plop it in the back of my truck, use towels and ratchet straps and off I go!!
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Thanks everyone! 
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com
    Cook off was Saturday. All proceeds went to one of the local charities, $25,000!
    Not sure what happened to our brisket and butt, but they cooked way faster than ever before. But who cares because we took first out of 43 in ribs! 
    They sell tickets to buy everything with, the teams have to hand out their ribs. It was slow going until the first 3 slabs were gone, then we had several returns. The best was talking to one of the judges and listening to his comments. 
    @jjmills - I will be making one of those!