Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor kitchens

I am sure there is a thread about this already so I apologize but I can not search this forum from my phone. I am in the planning stages of an outdoor kitchen and was hoping to get some ideas from all of you. Currently my deck is 12x10 and I have my Large BGE in a table sitting off of my frack but raised up with patio pavers to a good working height for myself. It is a mildly ghetto setup but I still pump out the best BBQ on the block. 

I have been looking to add a 36" Blackstone to the cooking arsenal and thought while the pocketbook is open I might as well build a pergola and make build a proper outdoor kitchen. I have an area about 8x10 that I could either extend onto my deck.this is where I am envisioning to "move on up." I would have the LBGE and the Blackstone and run a 110v service to power a mini fridge/2 tap kegerator and some lights. The mini fridge would get moved inside during the winter due to these awesome Michigan winters. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Post pics of your spaces. I'm on a beer budget but I do love seeing the champagne setups a lot of you have. 

Comments

• E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    You can see the ghetto setup in the background along with a harvest of brandy wine tomatoes from last summer. The deck is being refinished as soon as it quits snowing here.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    There are some absolute beauties that have been shown in this forum. You will get a ton of ideas. 
    First thing to do is make a budget, triple it, add in divorce atty, then add in spousal support. After that bill is figured out, think about giving away 2/3 of everything you have worked for.
    That is of course after you have the blessing from your wife on the original project. Then when you have to move out because she gets the house, take comfort in knowing some other guy is cooking on your killer outdoor kitchen.
    And no, I am not bitter about it anymore. I have moved on.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Nothing ghetto looking in this pic.. Any guy with a double barrel bottle opener on his rig has my vote !!! Good luck with your build.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • E-ville Egg
    Absent is my grill "cover" which consists of a heavy duty tarp and bungee cords.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Absent is my grill "cover" which consists of a heavy duty tarp and bungee cords.
    It works. Don't brag!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500

Morning E-ville Egg:

Here is mine...

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited April 2016
    You can see the ghetto setup in the background along with a harvest of brandy wine tomatoes from last summer. The deck is being refinished as soon as it quits snowing here.
    I don't think you try and reach utopia all at once. To borrow a term from the ageing business world.....what you want is some continuous improvement over time. Hopefully this will avoid the pitfalls that @YukonRon has laid out for you. By the way, you are going to need to insert some things she wants in order for you to get their. Don't ask me how I know. Love the maters!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    I just built my space around the egg.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• I lived in Evansville for almost 20 years. What side of town?

Here's my set up. I'm adding a stainless steel table and sink on the wall where the green chairs are sitting. 

• E-ville Egg
    I lived in Evansville for almost 20 years. What side of town?
    I actually live in a small town in Michigan called Essexville. It's right on one of the better fisheries in all of the Great Lakes, the Saginaw Bay. I get the Evansville question a lot on multiple forums.
  • E-ville Egg
    I definitely plan on getting the wife's ideas. She has wanted a pergola for quite some time so I think I'll be able to swing it. 
    While walking thru Menards today I checked out this pergola. I like the look and the price.id prefer to build but this may be a nice alternative. I've got two little ones (3 and 9 months) so free time is hard to come by. This unit would fit in my space
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Just my $.02, but I since you have such a low deck I would consider a patio with a step or two rather than extending the deck.  This way you are cooking on pavers or concrete instead of the deck.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.