Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I was inspired - First Paella and first post

Options

Quick introduction - Been egging and lurking now for about 4 months and loving every minute of it. Have learned a lot from reading this site and have been inspired by so many amazing cooks that post here.

My latest inspiration was from reading over the weekend about bgebrent 'My Go to Seafood Paella' http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1945594/#Comment_1945594  . I hadn't tried Paella before, but this post and pictures looked so awesome I decided to give it a go.

I think everything came out great and got rave reviews from the family. Used a seafood stock for the rice and added Shrimp, Clams, Bay Scallops and Andouille Sausage.  Also added asparagus and red peppers into the rice. Everything turned out great... only thing I would do different would be to add the asparagus later in the cook next time (asparagus was a little overdone for my taste).

Thanks for the inspiration!

Bob S

RatherBeSmokin

Eureka MO

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Fantastic looking.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Great cook right there-congrats on the result.  A true banquet.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very nice. Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome aboard brother!  You nailed that cook in spectacular form!  Great job and glad you gave it go!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Looks great!  Thanks for sharing.   I have the pan, but haven't made it yet myself...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Paella is one of my absolute favorites. Well done with the cook and welcome. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Quick introduction - Been egging and lurking now for about 4 months and loving every minute of it. Have learned a lot from reading this site and have been inspired by so many amazing cooks that post here.

My latest inspiration was from reading over the weekend about bgebrent 'My Go to Seafood Paella' http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1945594/#Comment_1945594  . I hadn't tried Paella before, but this post and pictures looked so awesome I decided to give it a go.

I think everything came out great and got rave reviews from the family. Used a seafood stock for the rice and added Shrimp, Clams, Bay Scallops and Andouille Sausage.  Also added asparagus and red peppers into the rice. Everything turned out great... only thing I would do different would be to add the asparagus later in the cook next time (asparagus was a little overdone for my taste).

Thanks for the inspiration!

Bob S

RatherBeSmokin

Eureka MO

@bgebrent inspires us all. Nice looking grub there my friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow