Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masters week

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    This tournament never fails to deliver. Enjoy Sunday at the Masters everyone!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    The amount of hole in ones this week has been great to see 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Really neat to see DLIII get one. Figured it almost had to be him when the crowd roared in the distance for nearly two solid minutes in a live shot.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Great thread!

One of my favorite weeks of the entire year. As a golfer, a fan, and someone who loves outside, it's about as good as it gets.

I've got a brisket on today for the event, and all of us boys in the house have our masters polos and hats on.

I've been fortunate enough to attend 4 masters, and all during the weekend rounds. I enjoyed the grounds yesterday, which despite the windy weather, was fantastic all the way around. Loved seeing the players really challenged.

Also was blessed enough to get Berckmans Place badges again this year- I'm always blown away by the level of attention and detail, and service they provide. The food, the drinks, and service. The replica greens with the caddies showing you were the players are putting to that days hole location, it's insane, and all for just a weeks time of entertainment is mind blowing to me.

I enjoy watching it at home mostly, you see a bit more golf in many cases, but it's perfect going on Saturday, and then home on Sunday to watch the final round in the comfort of my own home, with my family, and some good beer.

Happy final rd, guys- enjoy it!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Someone please get Spieth some new grips or tell him to please pick up the pace. It's cool, his hands can't be sweating that much. I know they're playing for a lot of money and there's swirling winds, but it is excruciating waiting for him to pull the trigger.
    Stillwater, MN
  • McStew
    Options
    Hahah they aren't even playing slow 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • FATC1TY
    Options
    Spieth was hit with a slow play warning earlier in the week. He is a tad slow compared to fast players but he's not slow. 

Hard to argue his success though. We are watching something as good or better than when tiger dismantled Augusta back in the early 2000s
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    What a hole in one from Louie! Wow 
  • McStew
    Options
    The drinks are going to be flowing tonight in the clubhouse with all the Aces today 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Looks like Spieth is pulling a Rory on the back 9 
  • McStew
    Options
    I don't hope for anything bad upon any player but this is going to make an exciting finish 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew
    Options
    Go DJ 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew
    Options
    it won't be the first meltdown on a Sunday at the masters 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Put a fork in Spieth. He's done. 
  • McStew
    Options
    First to fourth and he still hasn't finished the hole 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Wow!!!! Jordan nooooooo! Melt down city. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FATC1TY
    Options
    I could see dj making this happen. But Spieth just got his birdie and has a chance at 15 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • McStew
    Options
    Everyone following this please post updates as I'm heading to a wedding and this place loads faster then the masters app 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    He drove me to drink. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Willett has it in the bag now. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Two putts from 18 feet away to have a 3 shot lead Over anyone still on course with more them one hole left....  Yep
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Congrats to Danny Willett. Heck of a round today. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Jordan asks for the cameras not to show his face???? Give me a freaking break.... That's a Bubba move. 
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    It was a great day. Weather was nice, looked like a runaway but that all changed in a hurry. The roars from 16 were fun with all the aces and chip ins. We had a blast. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    What a day. Unfortunately my daughter had a soccer game today at 4:30.  Not even Sunday at the Masters can keep me away from my daughter.  I have it DVR'd and will enjoy watching it for the next year. 
    Happy for Willett.  He's the best golfer nobody knows about.  Would have also liked to see Dustin pull through as well. 
    It was fun hearing the roars from 16 during the telecast. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Danny Wilkes brother was blowing up Twitter. He's a classless (,!!)?))!?,,
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I'm going to get this printed on a t-shirt with "What not to do on a Sunday Afternoon in April."
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Jordan asks for the cameras not to show his face???? Give me a freaking break.... That's a Bubba move. 
    The guy just blows a huge lead in the Masters and is rightly upset.  He asks the camera man to not get right in his face.  To me the total BS move was made by the camera man- give the kid some breathing room. What is it he was trying to capture? To see if he would break down?

he is 22 years old and handled the post round interview with more class than I have seen from many after something catastrophic happens. 

Greensboro, NC
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    FATC1TY said:
    Spieth was hit with a slow play warning earlier in the week. He is a tad slow compared to fast players but he's not slow. 

Yeah he's insanely slow. Penalized in Dubai in January and should have been penalized at the Masters. The rule is 40 seconds with a 20 second extension in certain circumstances. His slow play would have penalized if he wasn't a superstar. 

http://www.foxsports.com/golf/story/jordan-spieth-playing-slow-masters-practice-shots-time-between-major-titles-penalties-041016
  • Scottborasjr
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I hate to say it as I know that the last 3 years have been a great ride for the young man and his caddy, but it's time for Spieth to get a real guy on the bag. No caddy worth his salt would have let him take two shots on 12 from a spot that they didn't know the exact yardage. You and me on the links, sure, but not final round of a major. 

Hopefully a learning experience for both of them because I don't think Jordan is going to change his caddy now. I still wonder what would have happened if Tiger had just stuck with Butch and Fluff.