Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach wood in Iowa?

Options
Hans61
Hans61 Posts: 3,901
Anyone in Iowa know of a place that sells peach wood chunks?

BTW, I know Firecraft sells them, would rather avoid shipping and handling, not wanting to spend $100.00 for free shipping, just wanting to try a bag and see how I like it.
“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

Comments

• JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Options
    Location?  TNT Landscape in Ankeny. 
    Ames, Iowa
  • Hans61
    Options
    Des Moines - thanks I'll check it out!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Maine Grilling Woods offers free UPS Ground Shipping. As much or as little as you want, at least for me in Maryland.
  • JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Options
    No problem - they have a large selection of rubs / sauces too. Good luck. 
    Ames, Iowa
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yep, Hawgeyes is the spot.

Fireplaces Plus in the QC here sells Chigger Creek Wood out of Columbia, MO.  They stock peach.  Chigger Creek is top notch stuff, my favorite wood company.

The Bass Pro in Altoona may have some too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hans61
    Options
    I saw that the TNT Landscape and Hawgeyes seemed to be the same place.
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Same place. Awesome place to checkout if around Des Moines. They have different types of flavored wood available. I think I might have picked up peach when there.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    I purchased peach at Hawgeyes 2 years back so they likely have it.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Hans61
    Options
    I got a friend going to pick me up some at Hawgeyes thanks to all for responding!
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Get some from fruitawood. Thier peach is good but im not a huge fan. 

They offer good wood. I've had a few issues tossing in things like rubs but they've made it right. Shipping is good and included in prices. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Maine Grilling Woods offers free UPS Ground Shipping. As much or as little as you want, at least for me in Maryland.
    Maine Grilling Woods is fantastic, I heartily recommend this.  I know @mickey is a fan of their sugar maple as well.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Acn said:
    Maine Grilling Woods is fantastic, I heartily recommend this.  I know @mickey is a fan of their sugar maple as well.
    Very big fan for several years. Was inMaine last summer and wanted to come by. But they do not allow it. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.