Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High Heat Pizza

Options
Was able to get my stone past 700 and higher up in dome and thrilled with results.  First pic is "sugar and spice" which is topped with spicy sopressata and hot honey drizzlesecond one was "cleaning out the fridge"  fresh mozzarella, mushrooms, hot and sweet Italian sausage, sopressata and capicola.
I've got to say raising the stone a few inches higher than usual made a big difference

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Those look absolutely perfect!  Exactly how I like my pizzas

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Kudos!  Look better than professional!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nice lookin' pies.
    Talk to me about your hot honey drizzle.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking pies brother!  Char on the crust-perfect.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Every so often, some truly great looking pies get posted on here. Yours are among them! Nice work!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• theeggcellentchef
    Options
    @Focker this is the stuff I put on the pie for the last 30 seconds www.mikeshothoney.com 
    It's a great product on a lot of food.  Fried chicken and added to BBQ sauce to name a couple.
    Thanks to all for the compliments.
  • Focker
    Options
    @Focker this is the stuff I put on the pie for the last 30 seconds www.mikeshothoney.com 
    It's a great product on a lot of food.  Fried chicken and added to BBQ sauce to name a couple.
    Thanks to all for the compliments.
    Thanks, seems like a brilliant combo of sweet, heat, and acidity.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Agree with high heat and raising it in the dome to get a better pizza, especially the browning/charring on the edge. The pizzas look great, esp. the second one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Focker
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @theeggcellentchef,

Thanks for the lead on Mike's Hot Honey
    Ordered 3 bottles, free shipping, and would make a cool gift for the heat seekers.

Can see this drizzled on a lot stuff, wings especially.  Looking forward to trying it, and possibly replicating it, down the road.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Nice work @theeggcellentchef, very good looking pizza there! What was the crust you used? Sorry if I missed it above, but I need to try and recapitulate this.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • pkegg419
    pkegg419 Posts: 17
    Options
    when you have the pizze higher up, do you still need to use a platesetter/heat deflector setup?
    LBGE, 2016 Rookie Year; Southern CT
  • theeggcellentchef
    Options
    @black_badger I use the tasty licks multitasking dough.  I do not add sugar or oil as I am using a higher temp to cook.  In my experience the 12-15 minutes is longer than you will need to mix.  I am a big fan of the cold rise so after dividing into balls i put in the fridge for 3-5 days.  I also think the 00 flour is essential when using high temps.  Hope this helps!  http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/1254.htm