Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Masters week

Options
For those who know about the dinner before the tournament starts .... Jordan going with Texas BBQ way to represent 
Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I lived in Augusta till I was 6. I still have never seen a more beautiful course. TV doesn't do it justice at all. Probably the only memories I have at that age besides friends are at that course.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I lived in Augusta till I was 6. I still have never seen a more beautiful course. TV doesn't do it justice at all. Probably the only memories I have at that age besides friends are at that course.
    It is not due to your young age.  That course is ridiculous with elevation changes and undulations that you cannot appreciate in 2D tv.  Unbelievably beautiful and difficult course!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @McStew are you in town for the tournament?? I still owe you a beer!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I went with my dad a few years ago and absolutely loved it.  There is nothing like being there on Sunday.  I was also fourtunate enough to go to the Ryder Cup a couple years ago when they held it in Chicago and it doesn't even come close to being at the Masters.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Still never been.  :s

@Chubbs , you working the tourney again this year?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Fortunate to have gone on Saturday of 2014. Dream come true. Echo what others have said about tv not doing it justice. @YEMTrey I know how much you love the Masters and I hope you get a chance to go!

Who is everyone picking as their winner this year? I'll go with Jason Day. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

Ive never been to a PGA event let alone the Master which I would kill for to go.

I had won tickets and had the privilege of taking my Dad to the Seniors PGA Canadian Open in my home town a while back. My dad was  a huge Jack Nicklaus fan.  He had recently had quadruple bypass surgery at the time and had a tough time walking long distances. there was a lot of walking just to get to the course even. We planned our day to follow Jack off the tee. We followed for 3 holes and he got tired and called it a day. I will always cherish those 3 holes that I could accompany my Dad walking with his golfing idol. Mydad taught me all about the mechanics of the swing and what causes what to happen when swinging.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I got invited to go this year and couldn't make it happen. My wife is getting her MBA and we have a 1 year old and between all the life commitments it just wasn't my year. I bet I never get another chance.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Thanks @fence0407!   Day is on a roll right now.  The winds are supposed to howl the first three days of the tourney.  That might hurt Day who hits the ball higher than anyone in the field on getting to the right spot on these Augusta greens.  
    The wind is supposed to be sustained at 12-15 with gusts to 25mph.  That will impact putting as well on these greens.  I hope the weather doesn't turn this amazing tournament in to a circus.  
    I'd like to see Rory or Day get their first green jacket.  Regardless of who wins, I want to hear the Sunday back nine roars that the Masters tournament is known for.  Give me two or three players in the last couple groups switching places atop the leaderboard and have it won on 18.
    Steve 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    @YEMTrey I couldn't agree more. This year has the potential to be special as there are a number of guys playing so well. Can't wait for tomorrow. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I am certainly not Chubbs.....but do know that he is working it. Leader board on 15th I think he said. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    Options
    My favorite to win is Bubba.  He wins it in even years....2012,2014....2016?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• castironman
    Options
    masters.com has a pretty good live stream on course activities outside of the normal tv coverage.
    It's like a cross between a hurricane and a ship that's run aground
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Thought you might like this...
    <div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) {  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/jacknicklaus/videos/vb.57120886365/10153430897861366/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/jacknicklaus/videos/10153430897861366/"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/jacknicklaus/videos/10153430897861366/"></a><p>Watch from behind the scenes what happened when I arrived to Magnolia Lane and the Masters this afternoon!
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    That's great @hapster !  Thanks!! 
    Steve 

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @Jeremiah
    Unfortunately I have never been lucky enough to score tickets to the masters.  But when I do come into town for the masters I will make sure to hit you up

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    @hapster
    Thanks for the link that was great 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    I was there yesterday for the par 3 tournament with my dad and brother. Words cannot describe the experience. Too many highlights to even focus on one event or encounter of the day. We took the time to walk the entire course and look at each hole to truly appreciate the challenge and beauty. Everything is perfect.  
  • saluki2007
    Options
    I was there yesterday for the par 3 tournament with my dad and brother. Words cannot describe the experience. Too many highlights to even focus on one event or encounter of the day. We took the time to walk the entire course and look at each hole to truly appreciate the challenge and beauty. Everything is perfect.  
    That's awesome.  Did you get to see any of the hole-in-ones?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    YEMTrey said:

Yessir. 15th leaderboard. On way out there now. 
    How did you manage to get that job?  I would love to take a week off from work to go volunteer like that.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    YEMTrey said:

Yessir. 15th leaderboard. On way out there now. 
    I'll come by and knock on the board :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Love Jack. Pure Class. It does look like he needs as booster seat in that car though.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am in my office 50 miles away and angry that I am so close, but yet so very far away. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • EastTNBGE
    EastTNBGE Posts: 74
    Options
    Wish I was there.  Got to go a few years ago to a practice round.  This place is amazing.  Never have I been on grass that perfect.

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I was there yesterday and have been fortunate to go a lot over the last 15 years. I had decided not to go anymore but was able to take my wife and go with another couple, which was really fun.  There were hardly any golfers on the course all day and the crowds were much larger than I recall on any other visit. The lines to go to the bathroom and get in the merchandise building were hilarious. The course, as always, was absolutely perfect and that part never gets old. We saw a number of people taking pictures of the grass. I get it. 

We did get to see 3 hole in 1's in the span of about 10 minutes during the par 3 contest. That was really cool.

Anyway, that was my last visit as a patron. Next time I go I plan on putting a peg in the ground! 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @McStew I noticed from your first post that you're a member at GolfWRX.  Did you sign up for the Bettinardi putter giveaway?  That putter is beautiful.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Looks like these early groups are dodging some of the called for heavier winds.  An early low number here cold go a long way.
    Steve