Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

injection pork butt question

Options
Ok so my daughter brought over a small 3lb butt. I'm going to turbo it on the mini. Question for the masses, has anyone injected this size butt and also have you turbo'd it?? What say you. My plan is to rub it, then spread some mustard, and then some more rub. I'm thinking indirect for about 2+ hours. Will put it on around 6pm tomorrow, and have a late meal.
Will try to remember to take pics. Lets hear from y'all =)
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    3lbs I would just low and slow it. Wouldn't take too long. Not sure if turbo on a small piece like that would be as good. I could be wrong. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

3lb?  I've never even seen one close to that small.  I learned something new.

Phoenix 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Not sure where she got it but it is tiny

Large, small, and a mini
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    Plan is to get it going when I get off work and have a late meal, that is why I was thinking turbo
    Large, small, and a mini
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    I found out all Kroger "Moist and Tender" which includes most ribs and all the butts in my local store are injected with up to 12%. I've never injected any size anything before and have always had "moist and tender" if cooked long enough.
    I've cut a butt in half to get a smaller piece of meat for only two of us eating. I cooked nicely at about 2 hours per pound just like the bigger ones.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    The little piggy is on Eggbert, (mini). Grilling around 370*. Rolled right through the stall. Got a little ways to go, we will see how it turns out.
    Large, small, and a mini