Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef-ish

Options
First chuckie attempt. No stout, so used Christmas ale. Substituted red peppers for green. Really worked out nicely. 

Pix out of order no doubt. 

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Fantastic cook. Looks very juicy.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I'd be in trouble if I used our enameled cast iron pot on the BGE, but I'd stand a fighting chance to avoid sleeping on the couch if I produced a meal as good as that one. Well done! Looks terrific.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    That shredded beef looks perfect!  I could really go for a sandwich now. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • EggNashville
    Options
    Pulled beef might be my favorite...nice cook!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nicely done!  A HOF regular in the rotation, can be tweeked with different brews, and chiles for the heat sensitive.  Last batch we used Bent River Uncommon Stout, poblanos,  whole wheat wraps, and cold smoked cheddar...awesome.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    I'd be in trouble if I used our enameled cast iron pot on the BGE, but I'd stand a fighting chance to avoid sleeping on the couch if I produced a meal as good as that one. Well done! Looks terrific.
    SWMBO recited a eulogy when I loaded up the new Le Cruset DO. But it cleaned up pretty good with soap, hot water and a soft scrub sponge. It was worth the risk, but I suppose a disposable aluminum would have worked as well, and without the commentary. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    One of my favorite cooks!  Well done!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    This was totally new to me.  When I bought the chuckie, I had it in my head that I'd reverse sear it and serve it like any roast.  Got home, checked the forum, saw immediately what the score it for this cut, and went at it.  

Had to go back out to buy some good rolls (Kasanof's Onion), some jalapenos to roast for SWMBO and me, some sharp provolone and slicing blue cheese, and some Bookbinder's Sassy Horseradish Sauce.  

The whole thing was perfection -- so lucky to have chased it on the forum and saved the looming disaster.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    I have done this one a hundred times...ok maybe more like 50...but a LOT....and I have nearly always used those disposable aluminum pans.  The pans are like $8.00 for 30 ea at the local Costco.  I tried the Le Cruset on the egg once for this.  Notice I said once....SWMBO was not happy, although I will say, I got it back to brand new clean when I was done.  Not worth the grief going forward though, so I switched to the disposable and everybody is happy!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Like was said above.  One of my favorite things to cook on the Egg.  Yours looks great.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio