Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My momma stopped by to say hello today.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
edited April 2016 in Off Topic

She died a couple of years ago this coming July.

Her oldest sister, my aunt, and the oldest of the eight siblings died the other day and the funeral was today. There are only four of them left now. Saw some cousins I had not seen since my momma's funeral, and one I had not seen in about 40 years.

Came home and decided to mow the lawn. It did not really need it as I had mowed just a few days ago, but felt like yard work would be therapeutic. As I pushed the mower, not really into it but just going through the motions, I glanced down to the side of the lawn where I had planted a little potted plant from my momma's funeral. It did not thrive and has never bloomed. I figure I did not water it enough when I first planted it a couple of Julys ago.

Don't know why I even looked that way, but there it was, and it was in bloom! A small, little nondescript, scraggly looking thing with a couple of pink and white blooms just starting to open up. I stopped the mower and went over and sat down and had a good cry. So she knew I was thinking about her and she popped in to say hello.

With tear-filled eyes, I told her the weather was nice and sunny, with just a bit of a breeze and lots of pollen and said, "How are things up there?" already knowing the answer. Of course, it is glorious up there.

"Tell Grandad and Granny hello if you are not too busy reminiscing with aunt Betty," I whispered as I went back to the yard work.

Comments