Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe JR?

Options
2»

Comments

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    @Miked125 are you looking at Lowes with their "buy more" event?  I was surprised to see they are carrying Kamado Joe this year.  The regular price is $569 but spend over $500 this weekend and save 15%.  That's like saving a bit more than the tax.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    I worked at Costco before. Get a membership, buy the kamado, go back and get a refund on the membership and you have the kamado at membership price. They are pretty good on refunds and not being satisfied with almost any product
    Austin, Tx
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Just go with a member. He gives them membership card you swipe your debit card and it's done. 
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    @BizGreenEgg  That is the adjustable type rack that comes with the joe Jr. And yes you are correct I turned it upside down to get a little above the felt line. 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Got me watching all sorts of videos between the jr and mm to help me decide as well.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I have a Jr and it goes very well with the LBGE and MBGE that I have. I have had no negative issues at all. And to agree with @tonyled it does need a screen in lower vent.
    Lenoir, N.C.