Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Charcoal in OKC

Options
New XL egghead here... Looking for lump charcoal in okc area.  Green egg charcoal is available but would like to try some other good kinds.  By the way we tried the "Cowboy" lump charcoal from the "L" big box store and did not like it.  Found plastic, metal and a 2+lb rock in the bag.  Hoping to get some charcoal info at the "Okie Eggfest" this October but we've got some cooking to do before then. Any ideas?

Comments

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Homeland carries "Best Choice" and the Whiz's page is below.  You can look it up on that page.
    Welcome to the clan!

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I dont know if it's avaliable in your area but I like Royal oak I usually buy it on sale for $9.99 for a 17.6 pound bag I find that it's just as good as BGE lump for a 1/3rd the price 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Ozark Oak is sold there.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • iyacyas
    Options
    I believe Ozark can be found at Everything BBQ.  Do you know of any other place that sells the Ozark Oak in the OKC area.
  • iyacyas
    iyacyas Posts: 38
    Options
    Old post refired...  Spring is here and running low on lump.  Everything BBQ in OKC now only carries BGE lump, which is good, but I want to try some others that are good.  Anyone know places to get Lump in OKC besides BGE and Cowboy at Lowes?
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Country Home Meat Co. in Edmond.  They carry Rockwood.  Best of the charcoal!  Call before you go.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    Ace Hardware in Yukon sells Wicked Good Weekend Warrior and again, call before going.  I can't justify going north of Edmond when I can get WGWW locally.  Lost my job in Early Dec and need to conserve. :s
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    I found Ozark Oak at one of the local grocery stores at a really good price.  I just can't remember which one.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    iyacyas said:
    Old post refired...  Spring is here and running low on lump.  Everything BBQ in OKC now only carries BGE lump, which is good, but I want to try some others that are good.  Anyone know places to get Lump in OKC besides BGE and Cowboy at Lowes?
    What does spring have to do with it?  Green Egg season is year round ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Logger said:
    Ace Hardware in Yukon sells Wicked Good Weekend Warrior and again, call before going.  I can't justify going north of Edmond when I can get WGWW locally.  Lost my job in Early Dec and need to conserve. :s

@iyacyas@Logger

Just about any Ace in OKC can order Rockwood if they don't have it in stock.  Which one is closest?  I can check the list.  I remember seeing Westlake 075 and Stone's in Piedmont on the monthly reports.
  • iyacyas
    Options
    iyacyas said:
    What does spring have to do with it?  Green Egg season is year round ;)
    Yes my Winter srock of lump is gone, nothin better than eggen in the cold!
  • iyacyas
    Options
    Man this is great news guys, calling these places tomorrow.