Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any good April Fools pranks played on you today?

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
I know they are out there.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options

My newspaper ran this story today. Our website traffic is going through the roof right now:

Ohio State University forced to abandon scarlet and gray

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2016/04/01/1-osu-forced-to-abandon-scarlet-and-gray.html

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Quotes April Uno @Wolfie51sb that's pretty good.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Here's my plan:  Wilma works nights and usually takes a nap before work.  I plan on sneaking into the bedroom 10 minutes before she usually gets up and move the clock ahead 30 minutes.  Then wake her up and ask if she's going to work.
    Flint, Michigan
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Here's my plan:  Wilma works nights and usually takes a nap before work.  I plan on sneaking into the bedroom 10 minutes before she usually gets up and move the clock ahead 30 minutes.  Then wake her up and ask if she's going to work.
    I see another accident coming on....

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I saw a tv infomercial today claiming the traeger was the best thing since sliced bread....sadly i don't think it was their intent for it to be an April Fools joke
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    My sous chef came in this morning and I told him we are short a dishwasher and a cook today and he will have to close. He asked if I tried to call other staff in and while he was watching I faked calls to other staff. He is running around all panicked trying to get things lined up for the day. Im going to let this ride for a few more hours until about 1030am local time, its 836 am here now. At 1030 or so the staff start coming in for the day.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I installed a pull out kitchen spray faucet last week. Going to do the old tape around the handle prank when she turns on the main kitchen faucet
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    My sous chef came in this morning and I told him we are short a dishwasher and a cook today and he will have to close. He asked if I tried to call other staff in and while he was watching I faked calls to other staff. He is running around all panicked trying to get things lined up for the day. Im going to let this ride for a few more hours until about 1030am local time, its 836 am here now. At 1030 or so the staff start coming in for the day.
    As someone who has spent many years around restaurants.....that is cruel....good....but cruel.

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    If you work in an office where there is a copier shared by many, put a sign on it that says. "Voice Activated Feature Recently Installed.  Place item on copier, close lid and say "3 copies please".   If this new feature doesn't work after 3 attempts, please notify (support person name)."
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I was listening to the New Music Friday playlist on Spotify and got Rick Rolled
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Go ahead Bob... I always enjoy a foot in my rectum. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options

Last night we put a sign on the door and read you have been evicted from your office and have the weekend to move out. HR lady was not happy to say the least. 

Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    1move said:
    Last year I got up super early and went to the office and put small sticky notes on the bottom of everyone's mouse so the laser pointer won't read the movement. Did this to the entire staff of our engineering firm (about 120 people) Man was it awesome! So many people crawled under their desks checking connections, force restarting their computers and emailing IT from their phone. I played the trick on myself also to not stand out. Once they figured it out it was back to work as usual, however in the afternoon the president sent a message saying how genius the joke was and also how much I cost the company money. 

They never found out out who did it
    Genius! That's awesome 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's not a joke, but ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:

Go ahead Bob... I always enjoy a foot in my rectum. 

I like living on the edge.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Funny how you guys are more worried about the wife than the cook with knives.  Hmmm ... @Fred19Flintstone you might think about hiding the knives ... Mrs Bobbitt and all!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Funny how you guys are more worried about the wife than the cook with knives.  Hmmm ... @Fred19Flintstone you might think about hiding the knives ... Mrs Bobbitt and all!
    Wilma knows it would be "cutting her nose to spite her face" to shorten the wizard's wand.  Dating Mr. Michigan would get old, you know.

Flint, Michigan
  • captjo
    captjo Posts: 93
    Options
    Yup, Yeti got me today. Kind of embarrasing
    http://yeticoolers.com/yeti-videos/third-and-goal/
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I thought last years AFD joke was pretty cool.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That Yeti video is brilliant.  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I laughed more than I care to admit to that yeti video.  Where you at RTIC?!?!?!?!?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

I'll pray for you buddy.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    1move said:

They never found out who did it
    Unless one of them stumble upon this thread!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    1move said:
    Last year I got up super early and went to the office and put small sticky notes on the bottom of everyone's mouse so the laser pointer won't read the movement. Did this to the entire staff of our engineering firm (about 120 people) Man was it awesome! So many people crawled under their desks checking connections, force restarting their computers and emailing IT from their phone. I played the trick on myself also to not stand out. Once they figured it out it was back to work as usual, however in the afternoon the president sent a message saying how genius the joke was and also how much I cost the company money. 

Thanks for the idea.  I pulled this on my colleagues today who were out in the field.  Big laughs!  Thanks again!
    Flint, Michigan
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1move said:

Thanks for the idea.  I pulled this on my colleagues today who were out in the field.  Big laughs!  Thanks again!
    Nicely done!!! I was pretty happy with myself about pranking that many people
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ